Forums Latest Members
  1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 18, 2012

I'm just wondering, I know the BOR bracelet is compatible with a number of case designs even if some fiddling is required, but is the Omega Grand Lux bracelet compatible with non-grand lux constellation style cases?

Just curious as the lug width must be the same, and based on these pics it appears that the only difference the hood makes is covering the point where the bracelet joins to give the illusion of a single piece.

pi.jpg 368.802 Granmd Luxe cal 561.jpg lux.jpg

2. ulackfocus Feb 18, 2012

It should work. I've never owned on to try though. The only problem would be the lack of end links that fit the curve of the case.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 20, 2012

Omega made brickwork bracelets for the standard lugs on the OT2799. Here's an old auction listing for one:

http://catalog.antiquorum.com/catalog.html?action=load&lotid=10&auctionid=227

I think these bracelets were all hand-fitted, so I'm not sure if there is an actual part number for the different end-links one would need if the bracelet were transferred from one watch to another.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 20, 2012

Now that's very interesting... the hard part will likely be actually locating one, as no doubt more heads have survived than bracelets.