Forums Latest Members

Vintage content, which one to pick?

1. marturx Feb 16, 2014

Collecting vintage watches is kind of slow right now. Maybe I´ve become picky, but I don´t see a lot of good opportunities to add something to the collection nowadays. It feels like it was easier a few years ago. Of course if my budget was unlimited, this wouldn´t be the case....

Anyway, the other day I was meeting up with a fellow collector/ trader. He too has had a very slow period behind him. In order to make something happen, we made a straight trade.

A Zenith diver A277 with cal 146HP against an Heuer Carrera 2447N, cal valjoux 72

Zenith o Heuer.jpg

But who got out with the best trade do you think?

Of course all the Zenith fanboys here are disqualified to declare their view, unless they vote for the Carrera of course! ;)

Gavin and teo66 like this.
  2. cristos71 Feb 16, 2014

For me, on looks alone, which is what I 99% of the time buy by, then it would have to be the Zenith. The Heuer leaves me stone cold.

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 16, 2014

Don't know a single Zenith fanboy on this site - fonts of rationality is what the Zenithisti are!

In any case, I'll declare for the Carrera - it is a versatile little jewel. The external bezel makes the Zenith a beast of a tool watch, excellent when the situation calls for a beast of a tool watch, but limited otherwise. The Carrera, especially with same-color subdials, is right for every occasion, and the All-Black is my favroite version among the V72 models. With the correct Gay Freres bracelet, it becomes something absolutely timeless. I've got both, and I get way more use out of the Carrera.

4. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Feb 16, 2014

This one's a toss-up for me. Looks like a fair trade. :thumbsup:

5. ulackfocus Feb 16, 2014

I would take that Carrera in a heartbeat. ::love::

6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 16, 2014

a little supporting documentation

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the bottom line is that no one lost out here - they are both a pleasure to wear!

JohnSteed, ELV web, Hijak and 2 others like this.
  7. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Feb 16, 2014

Nice looking A277. It is a great trade. Like Lou, my heart also goes to the Carrera. :thumbsup:

8. Hijak Feb 16, 2014

Love that Carrera!::love::