Forums Latest Members
  1. Concer Sep 29, 2019

Hey!

I’ve recently bought a Quartz Omega Constellation ob eBay but beside the watch I’ve got some questions about it.

First a pic (sorry, don’t have a better ones actually)

003B4AD4-0C4C-4689-8B76-1250F3AB3D86.jpeg 89F5B459-8D05-4A3E-A28D-C3C08D394129.jpeg A94914D7-D5A1-40CC-8ECF-EB7630D497C0.jpeg

Although quartz watches are not my area of collection, I couldn’t say no to an omega watch for 70 bucks. I hope that was a good deal.

Anyway, here are my questions about it:

1. When I research on this watch, I can only find models with the imprint „megaquartz“, but mine has only „quartz“ on it. What’s that about?

2. I’ve read several times, that this watch needs batteries which will not be produced anymore. How can I get it to work anyway?

3. On my research I’ve noticed that many vintage quartz omegas have a red omega symbol on the dial. Was this red symbol only used for quartz movements or what is this about?

Regards
    Oli

2. vienna Sep 29, 2019

Hi,

Omega made a lot of different Quarz movements. The Megaquartz is often if not allways a 1310 cal.
    Let your watchmaker open it and make a pic of the movement and the inner caseback.

The modern batteries also work if you make sure the contacts are touching the battery on the right spot. Sometimes a spacer is needed.

As far as I know the red symbol means its Chronometer certified.

Even if your example doesn’t work, the bracelet alone is worth more what you paid for.

kind regards Max