Forums Latest Members
  1. Darkhorse Sep 23, 2019

Just picked this chrono up on the Bay on a whim. Price was meh so went for it. I liked the blue dial!

Thought?
    ]

s-l1600_1.jpg s-l1600_2.jpg s-l1600_3.jpg s-l1600_4.jpg
    Edited Sep 24, 2019
    Vitezi likes this.
  2. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 23, 2019

the case looks rough....hope you got it a low price.

i also worry about the dial on this, and these type of dials on many of these watches dating back to the 60's. in many cases they used a light/almost sunburst type paint. it seems to chip an awful lot and not hold up. even watches in the 90's suffer from it, and it's almost always a shimmer blue color

3. michael22 Sep 23, 2019

Better than average nick for its age, I think.
    I find a lot of these tempting, but decide not to buy for various reasons.
    I would have avoided this one because the subdial hands look hard to read against the background.
    Otherwise, I like it.

4. Vitezi Sep 24, 2019

Cool watch! :cool: This is exactly what vintage watch collecting is all about - find something you like, buy it and wear it. No one else will have the same watch as you. The chrome case is a little scruffy but on the flip side, it won't show any scratches that you might add to it. If you're going to wear it and expect it to keep reliable time, have it serviced.

According to Microlisk, Desotos was a trademark of Charles Gigandet SA, registered in 1952. Gigandet had dozens of different brand names registered to them in the 1950s and 60s. As a brand name Gigandet is still around, but not the same company as it was back in the day.

And, now that you have a chronograph, learn how to use the tachymeter. :thumbsup:

0uss, KingCrouchy and michael22 like this.