Forums Latest Members
  1. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Apr 8, 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to learn about Seamaster chronographs and would like to have your thoughts as I have come across this one which I think many of you will have seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To my untrained eye this dial look original. The serifs are present on all fonts. The numbers and 5 minute markers do too. The lume is still in place and it has the T Swiss Made T associated with lumed markers and hands. (I think that's the right) The seconds track seems to be nice and even as it should be.

There is however the odd mark on the dial and the gold ring around the left register has looks like it has worn away and I'm not certain if the right on has the same wear as well.

I'm not sure if the crown is original or even correct
    [​IMG]

The movement is a Cal 320 with no service history and here is where I get really lost. It looks ok to me but I wouldn't really know what to look for apart from rust etc

[​IMG]

The case is a 101.009 - 66 which looks polished but not anywhere near as badly as most people seem to do.

I would love to hear your thoughts on;

If the dial is indeed original or am I way off again?
    Is the case over polished to the point of ruining its value?
    Does the movement look ok and what do I need to look out for in these calibre?
    Have parts for this Cal dried up yet?
    What is its value in this condition and what would I expect to add on top to have it serviced?

I know this is a lot to ask but there is no other place that has the wealth of experience that this form does and I hope to find some answers to help me on my journey as a budding vintage enthusiast.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this

Regards

CS

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 8, 2013

Posted this one the recommended ebay listing thread some time back. It is a nice example worth north of $2k - original dial and nice case.

3. ulackfocus Apr 8, 2013

That's a nice watch. Not 100% sure about the crown but it's probably correct.

4. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Apr 8, 2013

Haha, late to the party again I see. :rolleyes: It has been for sale for so long that I thought there must be something wrong with it that I'm missing OR he wants way too much for it.

Thanks for the replys guys.

Do you know if parts are still available for that Cal and what would a service cost roughly?

Is there much difference in value between these and the 3 register Chronographs, waterproof vs non waterproof?

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 8, 2013

Parts still available but getting harder to source. Service starts at $400 and up depending on parts n eed. The 321 3 register version is more desirable as are the screwback models. But don't recall a 320 model with a screwback case.

6. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Apr 10, 2013

Thanks again for the reply MSN and more useful information about the 320. Unfortunately the seller has declined my offer which was the limit for me. Sadly, PreyPal fees, shipping and tax push the cost up to nearly 3k before a service :(