Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Cartier 18k Manual Wind Tank Louis - $2,500

1. benc1855 Apr 8, 2018

Trying to refocus my collection a little bit, so I am putting my vintage 18k manual wind Cartier Tank Louis up for sale. The watch was purchased roughly 3 years from a reputable vendor in San Francisco who indicated that the watch was originally sold/manufactured in the 1980s although I haven't done any independent research to confirm this. Watch has not been serviced while in my possession but is still keeping great time.

Please note the case dimensions of the watch - this would be considered a small tank by todays standards. That was my preference when I purchased the watch and I think it looks pretty classy with business/formal wear. It also looked pretty great on my girlfriend, which could be an added bonus for those of you with significant others who like to "borrow" your watches...

I am requesting $2,500 OBRO via Paypal (I will incur the 3% processing fee), shipping included (CONUS only). I am happy to accept reasonable offers. Watch is located in SF, willing to meet face to face if local. Return accepted only if watch is not as represented.

Some details on the watch below:
    Year: Circa 1980s
    Movement: Cartier 78-1 manual wind movement based on ETA 2512
    Hands: Original to my knowledge
    Crown: Original to my knowledge
    Case: 23mm W (excl crown) x 30mm L (lug to lug)
    Service history: 3+ years since last service
    Strap: 17mm custom Camille Fournet brown matte alligator strap (short length; pictured on watch) and 17mm light brown matte alligator strap (standard length; pictured next to watch)
    Buckle: Tang buckle looks like a Cartier style buckle although I can't vouch for authenticity (see pictures)

Thanks OF and Mods for the space

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg IMG_0865.jpg

Edited Apr 9, 2018
  2. benc1855 Apr 9, 2018

Meant to edit the post but wasn't paying attention and hit reply soooo deleting the reply text and instead noting the main change below:

Prefer payment via Paypal, I will incur the 3% fee

3. benc1855 Apr 11, 2018

Bump - don't be afraid to make me an offer if you're interested.

Also have had a lot of international interest. I'm willing to ship internationally but preferably to a buyer who is aware of/comfortable with the additional issues that customs could present.