Vintage Art Deco Baume & Mercier - any experts?

Hello all
I’ve just been gifted this B&M watch by my wife's uncle. It is in obvious need of repair before it can be worn, but searches for vintage “tank” style watches like this (including using what I take to be the reference number on the back) have proven fruitless. I don’t have the means to remove the back at the present time.

It’s a chrome case with integrated bracelet in quite a cool Art Deco design. Some of the plating has worn away at the edge of the dial on the case and on the back of the bracelet. It’s been well loved! I’d like to get it running again as a dress watch for occasional use and my watchmaker has agreed to take a look.

477155EE-AD72-4CB5-90B2-FA691D7B7818.jpeg The watch belonged to my wife's uncle's uncle, who worked as a colliery deputy in Yorkshire in the first half of the last century. He was born in the 1890s and died in the early 70s, apparently. He was likely the sole owner. Sadly I know no more about it, except that it was recently taken into a jeweller who said they couldn’t do anything for it on account of a lack of “obsolete parts”. Hoping my watchmaker will have more luck!

6C7794D1-5318-4777-A027-AEBBC1BD2D05.jpeg
Anyone seen one of these before? Any info appreciated! Thanks, all.

CB8873B4-74A7-4961-B5D6-D8EB138F6D08.jpeg

DBDE565B-3AE2-49F5-AE0D-F87FDF2D1E1A.jpeg

Given the inscription on the back indicating that it's stainless steel, why do you think it's chrome?

The inscription indicates that the back is SS, which implies that the case is plated. Which it is. The bracelet is not integrated or original. Just something added by the owner at some point. Looks like a nice heirloom and will be fun to wear once you get it running. These tank watches were popular in the 30s and 40s, but I don't think you'll necessarily find out very much about this particular reference.

I sold a c1960 Baume & Mercier last year. Searching for info on the brand or past sales figures for the watch was surprisingly difficult. I couldn’t find anything really

Many thanks for the replies. You’re right, Dan - the bracelet is not in fact integrated as I suggested and should be easy to remove. Forgive the naive question, but is it relatively easy to replace this with a leather strap, given that the lugs look fixed? Any recommendations of good suppliers of suitable straps for this kind of watch?

this is a new style of watch for me and, I guess, my oldest watch now!

At one time, Hirsch sold quality watch straps with open ends which would work for your watch. These straps were treated with adhesive on the open ends, and Hirsch supplied a solvent and special, clamps. You installed the strap on the watch, moistened the adhesive with the solvent, folded the ends over, and clamped them for a minute or so. That type of Hirsch strap may not be in stores lately. But it is my understanding that these straps can be special ordered by the dealer. At least that was the way it was a few years ago.
Edited:

At one time, Hirsch sold quality watch straps with open ends which would work for your watch. These straps were treated with adhesive on the open ends, and Hirsch supplied a solvent and special, clamps. You installed the strap on the watch, moistened the adhesive with the solvent, folded the ends over, and clamped them for a minute or so. That type of Hirsch strap may not be in stores lately. But it is my understanding that these straps can be special ordered by the dealer. At least that was the way it was a few years ago.

I have used these a number of times.
https://www.hirschstraps.com/collections/open-ended-hirsch-straps