Forums Latest Members

Vintage AQUASTAR 60 with spectacular dial!

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jan 30, 2015

Having acquired a few too many watches recently, it's time to let one or two go. This is a special Aquastar 60, produced in the 1960s, as it features quite possibly the most beautiful dial of any that have been on the market in recent years. As many of you know, black dials are particularly difficult to photograph well, largely due to reflections. So the buyer of this Aquastar can expect to find it to be even more attractive in person, and I guarantee satisfaction.

The watch is fully original to my knowledge. This model is 36mm in diameter (excluding the signed crown), has a rotating bezel, 17j AS 1701 automatic movement, and was originally waterproof to a depth of 200m/600ft. All functions are working correctly, though I do not know the last date of service, nor have I timed it.

As mentioned already the dial is exceptional. The front of the case is also in excellent condition, but there are a couple of scratches on the back. I do not consider them to be of great consequence, but the larger case back photo below was taken to highlight them in an effort to prevent any unwelcome surprises on delivery. Speaking of photos, I apologize for not supplying more large images, but I am out of the country at the moment and so am unable to take fresh shots. The watch will, however, be shipped promptly by a friend who has it in his possession.

I am asking $875, and will include FedEx priority insured shipping within the U.S. Those outside of the U.S. can contact me for shipping options.

Though I don't sell very often, I am well known on a variety of watch forums, including this one of course. Finally, PLEASE NOTE that I guarantee satisfaction upon receipt of the watch. Though I don't sell very often, I am well known on a variety of watch forums including this one. Should the buyer be dissatisfied for any reason within a three day period, I will refund the cost of the watch on receipt in the same condition.

Finally, there are a couple of examples of this model on ebay at the moment, and their asking prices given relative condition provide some context.

One missing lume, scratched bezel, and 10atm rather than 20:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1960s-Jea...es_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item1e9516937dPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

and with military markings, though in deeply inferior condition relative to mine:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Aquastar-Gen...751717328?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item3a9d9259d0Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Feel free to ask any questions!

Regards,

Tony C.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a link to a big image of the same AS movement (not this watch, though):

http://www.thewatchspot.co.uk/images/BlogImages/Large/Aquastar-60-6.jpg

khmt2 and watchme like this.