Vintage 1966 Omega Steel Constellation ref. 168.005 Pie Pan w/ Transitional cal. 564

Connie168.005Cal564-2_edited-1.jpg Connie168.005Cal564-5_edited-1.jpg

Up for sale is this beautiful mid-1960s reference 168.005 Omega Constellation in all-Stainless Steel with original and gorgeous Pie Pan dial & matching luminous hands. This example is a fairly rare transitional version with the quickset cal. 564 engine in the "old" dog leg/grasshopper lugs case. Mostly this model is found with the previous semi-quick cal. 561 and the 564 is found in the C-shape and other next generation models. As an aside, it is a widely thought that this Constellation's uniquely attractive appearance was one of the legendary Gerald Genta's early designs. This great Connie also comes on a very tight and full-length 5-row Beads of Rice bracelet. The watch as a whole is easily in Excellent vintage condition with a stunning Near Mint dial. It has been well maintained by me and will come with a 6-month movement guarantee.

The asking price for this beautiful example of classic Omega Constellation is $1,850 USD OBRO, which includes fully insured FedEx shipping worldwide.Bank Wire preferred.Paypal is also OK with split fees (+2% to the buyer).Other payment options upon application.Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting. Please contact me at [email protected] for any inquiries.

Connie168.005Cal564-4_edited-1.jpg Connie168.005Cal564-7_edited-1.jpg Connie168.005Cal564-1_edited-1.jpg Connie168.005Cal564-6_edited-1.jpg Connie168.005Cal564-clsp_edited-1.jpg Connie168.005Cal564-crwn_edited-1.jpg Connie168.005Cal564-sd_edited-1.jpg Connie168.005Cal564-bk_edited-1.jpg Connie168.005Cal564-move_edited-1.jpg Connie168.005Cal564-innrbk_edited-1.jpg Connie168.005Cal564-lng_edited-1.jpg Connie168.005Cal564-3_edited-1.jpg
CASE & CASEBACK: Classic "dog leg" or "grasshopper lug" 3-piece steel case with screw-in water resistant steel back measures an elegant 34mm wide (not including crown) x 42mm long and a mere 10mm thick.There are some minor marks from wear and the lugs show a little polish but really it's very clean--easily Excellent vintage condition. The bezel itself is maybe not as crisp as when new but also definitely not over polished, Excellent as well.The outer caseback has been lightly buffed in the past (not the medallion) and has only a few scratches which could be Cape Cod clothed out and one deeper tool mark.The famous Observatory logo is very crisp--again Excellent cosmetic condition externally.The caseback screws into the case nice & tightly and the inner back is corrosion free.The correct reference number as well as all other correct period nomenclature are present.

DIAL & HANDS: Near Mint condition original factory-printed silver Pie Pan dial with hand-riveted white gold faceted bar markers applied Omega symbol, star and framed date window with all original Tritium luminous dots intact.There is some light "pimpling" to the lacquer finish of the dial, which is quite common on this era of Connie dial, but it looks gorgeous on the wrist.All original factory-printed writing is present in the 4-line ACOC format. The luminous-filled white metal Dauphine hands and sweep seconds are Excellent with some signs of aging but with all original nicely patinated luminous fill intact. Simply a beautiful layout on this original Connie Pie Pan dial!

CROWN: Original (I believe) knurled-style Omega steel winding crown is Excellent+.The crown winds and pulls out to the time-setting position as it should and also quicksets the date when pulled out to the second detent position.

CRYSTAL: Low-domed acrylic crystal in Near Mint condition with just a few light scratches and the Omega symbol in the center.

MOVEMENT: 24-Jewel caliber 564 full-rotor auto movement adjusted to 5 positions and temperature with rapid date change via pulling out the crown, arguably part of the best mass-produced movement families in the history of horology. The movement serial # of 24,80x,xxx dates it to circa 1966, which is the correct date range for a cal. 564. Pink copper plating is intact, very clean and shiny.Additionally, the movement was fully serviced by my Master Watchmaker about 2 years ago and so I will guaranteed it for 6 months of normal, non-abusive use. It is running like a top with strong power reserve, accurate timekeeping and correct quickset date mechanism.

BRACELET: This great Connie comes on a long reference 8220 5-row Beads of Rice bracelet with matching "11" endpieces in overall Excellent and very tight condition.At full length it should fit up to around a 7 3/4" wrist. This watch has an 18mm lug width.

I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form.

This great Vintage Omega Constellation is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer. This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
[email protected]

Your pictures are enough to make me buy it on that alone 馃槈 GLWS Tom!

Your pictures are enough to make me buy it on that alone 馃槈 GLWS Tom!
You know, some watches just photograph really, really well. And the best thing about this Connie is that it looks even better in real life! 馃憤
Thanks, mate, & best to you,
Tom

I want one with no date, but this one has me sorely tempted. 馃榿 GLWTS Tom!