Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage 1963 Omega Gold Cap Constellation w/ MINT No Lume Pie Pan Dial

1. tomvox1 Aug 18, 2015

GPConnieNoLume-lng copy.jpg GPConnieNoLume-7 copy.jpg
    Up for sale is this lovely early 1960s reference 167.005 Omega Constellation in famous steel & yellow gold cap "grasshopper lug" case. This classic Connie features a stunning original Pie Pan dial with non-luminous markers & matching non-luminous hands. The dial is really Mint, a designation I rarely give out for a vintage watch, and this super fine example of 1960s Connie is in Excellent condition overall with sharp chamfers and the case and back showing no polish that I can detect. It also features the coveted Omega caliber 551 full-rotor automatic Chronometer-rated movement under the hood, which is running like a top.

The asking price for this outstanding example of classic Omega Constellation is $1,350 USD OBRO, which includes fully insured FedEx shipping worldwide. Bank Wire preferred. Paypal is also OK with split fees (+2% to the buyer). Other payment options upon application. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.

GPConnieNoLume-5 copy.jpg GPConnieNoLume-1 copy.jpg GPConnieNoLume-8 copy.jpg GPConnieNoLume-angl2 copy.jpg GPConnieNoLume-2 copy.jpg GPConnieNoLume-3 copy.jpg GPConnieNoLume-bk copy.jpg GPConnieNoLume-move copy.jpg GPConnieNoLume-innrbk copy.jpg GPConnieNoLume-crwn copy.jpg GPConnieNoLume-sd copy.jpg GPConnieNoLume-4 copy.jpg
    CASE & CASEBACK: Classic "dog leg" or "grasshopper" lug 3-piece case in yellow gold cap over stainless steel, solid gold bezel and screw in water resistant steel back measuring an elegant 34mm x 44mm. There are some minor marks from wear and a few scratches but the lugs show no real polish, with the chamfers sharp and pronounced--easily Excellent vintage condition. The gold bezel itself has a sharp bevel and also appears unpolished with only minor marks, Excellent+. The outer steel caseback has a few minor scuffs and one scratch from poor opening technique but also appears unpolished and the famous gold Observatory logo is factory crisp--likewise Excellent external cosmetic condition. The caseback screws into the case nice & tightly and the inner back shows negligible corrosion. Correct reference 167.005 and all other period nomenclature are present, as they should be.

DIAL & HANDS: Absolutely Mint condition original factory-printed silver starburst dial featuring hand-riveted gold faceted bar markers with black inlay, applied Omega symbol and star. All original dial text is crisp and legible. I rate this wonderful dial as Mint because there is none of the "pimpling" effect that so many of these acquire -- it is really remarkably perfect for a 50+-year-old dial. The black enamel-filled gold Dauphine hands and sweep seconds are likewise Mint with no corrosion and the only signs of aging a faint rosy patina. Simply a beautiful, elegant layout on this remarkable original Connie dial.

CROWN: Knurled signed Omega gold winding crown, which I think could well be original as one seem to find this reference split between the knurled and the polygon crown, is Near Mint. The crown winds and pulls out to the time-setting position as it should.

CRYSTAL: Rather high-domed acrylic crystal is essentially flawless -- Mint condition with the factory Omega symbol in the center.

MOVEMENT: 24-Jewel caliber 551 full-rotor auto movement adjusted to 5 positions and temperature, arguably part of one the best mass-produced movement families in the history of horology. The movement serial # of 20,66x,xxx dates the watch to circa 1963. Pink copper plating is intact, very clean and shiny, and all bridges match in tone perfectly. While I do not know the service history, this watch is running strong and keeping excellent time. It is guaranteed to be working properly at the time of shipment.

STRAP: This great Connie comes on a brand new black patent leather strap with embossed alligator pattern and generic gold tone buckle. This watch has an 18mm lug width.

As a matter of policy, I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form.

This great Vintage Omega Constellation is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer. This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
    T.
    [email protected]

2. ulackfocus Aug 18, 2015

I think a few members might pay just to see the picture(s) without a watch interfering. :p

Samir and reficul_x like this.
  3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 18, 2015

I was just about to say I need to remember NOT to open Tom's ads at work!

timeismoney and reficul_x like this.
  4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 18, 2015

OMFG. That is stunning.

reficul_x likes this.
  5. NT931 Aug 18, 2015

Yeah, move the watch an inch to the right for the rest of us please! :p

And uh... (massively distracted) ... um, nice connie BTW. ;)

GLWTS!

6. tomvox1 Aug 18, 2015

Sorry about that, mate! ;)
    Best,
    T.

CanberraOmega likes this.
  7. Dedalus Aug 19, 2015

Ummm, distraction aside, that is a stunning Connie. ::love::
    GLWS, Tom.

JohnSteed likes this.