Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage 1960's Venus Skin Diver Automatic $525

1. Anthony Lane Jan 3, 2023

For your consideration s a gorgeous Venus Skin Diver from the 1960’s. This one features a polished 36mm case with gorgeous angular lugs and stainless bezel. The dial is a lovely gray sunburst that takes on many gradients in various light. The 62MAS style markers have warmed and the original handset retains its green lume.

This is equipped with an Ollech & Wajs signed ETA cal. 2452 that runs strong and keeps good time. The lug width is 19mm and the watch will come on the leather strap shown in the photos.

I make no specific claims to accuracy or service history as I don’t know, there are however markings on the inside of the case back as shown in the photo. I suspect this watch was/has been serviced in its time given that and the excellent condition of the case back gasket. Despite that, this is being sold as-is w/o warranty, guarantees or returns.

Open to reasonable offers and willing to ship globally at buyers expense.

Price: $525 (OR REASONABLE OFFER) plus shipping and insurance. Shipping will be based on buyer’s location. Payment via PayPal G&S only (fee included in price).

This is my first sales listing on OF, but I have numerous transactions on WUS, eBay, and with various folks through Instagram. Happy to name drop if need be.

1.png

2.png

3.png

5.png

4.png

Edited Jan 20, 2023
  2. JwRosenthal Jan 3, 2023

Nice skin diver with slate sunburst dial- not very common. For those that immediately think that the mismatched hands implies a relume- you would be wrong. Skins divers of this era commonly had different color lume on the dials and hands as the parts were sourced from different vendors. This is perfectly normal and actually part of their charm IMO.

GLWS

3. Anthony Lane Jan 3, 2023

Thank you, sir. Appreciate you attesting to this piece. I’m reluctant to pass it on, but hope someone here finds it appealing.

Zdzislaw likes this.
  4. Anthony Lane Jan 10, 2023

Looking to move this beauty, please DM with offers, if interested.

5. Anthony Lane Jan 16, 2023

Let's drop the price from $600 to $550 (+3% for G&S)

6. Dr.Sascha Jan 17, 2023

Really nice piece, and those sarcophagus indices are lovely. GLWS!

Anthony Lane and JwRosenthal like this.
  7. JwRosenthal Jan 17, 2023

I have a new term for my watch nerd dictionary.

Anthony Lane and Dr.Sascha like this.
  8. Anthony Lane Jan 20, 2023

Sarcophagus indices. Love it. With that, let's give it a little price drop to $525 + shipping/insurance. C'mon folks, I just found a birth year AND birth month watch on the month of my birthday. It's a sign. I need the funds. Let's go!

9. Anthony Lane Jan 28, 2023

Here’s something cool. I forgot I had the ladies version of the same watch. It runs, but has a cracked crystal (original), but it has a signed crown. I will include this in the sale for no additional cost. That way your wife or significant other won’t be mad at you for buying “another watch”.

3D316377-CC5A-4B68-8937-1A28A0C1F2C4.jpeg

Edited Jan 28, 2023
    DaveK, RCINPHILL, SC1 and 3 others like this.
  10. JwRosenthal Jan 28, 2023

Ok- this just got fun! A his & hers pair!

Anthony Lane and wagudc like this.