Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage 1960s Seamaster DeVille - Solid 14K Gold - Super Sharp

1. seekingseaquest Aug 17, 2019

Up for sale is a beautiful solid 14K gold Seamaster DeVille. The case is unpolished and must have been worn sparingly. Lug and bezel edges are very sharp, and the hippocampus logo on the case back is one of the nicest I've seen on a solid gold piece. The dial is nice as well, with a few minor marks here and there (most notable is the one between 6-7). I haven't had it opened up and I can't do so myself given it's a unishell case, so I can't confirm the case reference or movement caliber. The movement runs, winds, and sets well, however service history is unknown so a service is recommended prior to regular use.

Please see below for details, and feel free to message me with questions.

IMG_1690.JPG
    IMG_1692.JPG

Dial: Sunburst dial is very clean but not perfect - there are some very light marks on the dial, the most noticeable of which is between the 6 and 7 markers. Tritium lume is fully intact on both the dial and the hands and has maintained a consistent color. Original hands are in very nice condition. "T Swiss Made T" appears below the 6 marker as expected.

Case: Solid 14k yellow gold case is in very nice, unpolished condition. Bezel and lug edges are very sharp, and this is one of the nicest solid gold hippocampus logos I've seen. A slight patina has developed surrounding the hippocampus logo on the case back, which I love to see as it's a clear sign of just how untouched the case is. Some light scratches are present on the ends of the lugs, but I think this is to be expected on a solid gold case. Case reference number is unknown. Case is 34mm in diameter and lugs are 18mm.

Crown: Signed crown (assuming original but no way to know for sure).

Crystal: Clean, signed crystal with Omega etched at center (assuming original but no way to know for sure).

Movement: Movement caliber is unknown. Watch runs, winds, and sets well. Service history is unknown so a service is recommended prior to use.

Strap:
    Generic brown leather grain strap with a yellow gold plated buckle.

Price is $1,300. I'll cover insured US shipping, and international shipping available but will be discussed with buyer. OF seller reviews are here. Returns are accepted if watch is grossly misrepresented. Watch is located in Seattle, WA, USA.

Thanks!

IMG_1677.JPG IMG_1678.JPG IMG_1680.JPG IMG_1681.JPG IMG_1682.JPG IMG_1683.JPG IMG_1687.JPG IMG_1730a.jpg IMG_1623a.jpg

tomasco, Edward53 and George.A like this.
  2. seekingseaquest Aug 21, 2019

Bump