Forums Latest Members

SOLD VINTAGE 1960s EARLY UNIVERSAL GENEVE POLEROUTER DATE REF 869101-10

1. Diabolik Jun 6, 2016

RARE UNIVERSAL GENEVE POLEROUTER DATE REF 869101-10 SERIAL NUMBER 24xxxxx
    Early Polerouter Date classic watch In nice condition with age related marks and scratches. Case is stainless steel with classic UG straight lug design. Case is still sharp and looks to be unpolished (in my eyes) but please check yourselves.

The crown is signed. with UG logo. The case back shows some wear and has some marks. Serial number and reference numbers are clearly visible on case back. Inside of case back is signed UG with the sixties emblem.
    The movement is clean and runs perfectly changing date a couple shortly before 24. The watch is automatic and keeps running. It is normal for these auto mechanisms to make a little noise however there is no rubbing as weight retains it's plating.

Dial is white with silver batons and has some patina. It is clean and looks looks beautiful with some lighter spots that are difficult to capture. It is signed "t swiss t" as expected. Hands are original to dial and still shine.Original lume is present on dial and hands. It is all 100% original and and in excellent condition. Plexi glass is original with trapezoidal date window (as used on polerouter subs).

All in all a very attractive vintage Universal Geneve which will appreciate as the years go by and provide you with excellent timekeeping while you own it. Comes with a nice stitched leather strap which is has some minor marks from light use and trying on.

This my personal watch and I only sell to buy.

It keeps time. However, I do not guarantee timekeeping or accuracy as many factors may influence that such as pressure, weather, humidity and so forth. So if you want to improve accuracy, take it to a watchmaker and get it regulated (very easy to do and takes seconds). Comes on a black leather strap and a generic buckle. A great daily wear, vintage watch investment or addition to a collection as prices for nice examples will only go one way ...

Price is: £550.00 OVNO

IMG_5189.JPG IMG_5190.JPG IMG_5191.JPG IMG_5192.JPG IMG_5193.JPG IMG_5194.JPG IMG_5195.JPG IMG_5196.JPG

2. Diabolik Jun 15, 2016

BUMP