Vintage 1956? Seamaster - Need Help Identifying. I'm New at This!

Vintage Omega Forum members. I need your expertise! I've recently inherited a vintage Omega. It was my dad's. I've had it cleaned but not polished. Now I need your help in identifying it. I believe it is a 1956 Seamaster but I cannot locate a dial that looks similar. I've attached photos that the watchmaker took while servicing. I've seen reference to waffle or honeycomb dial. Also I've seen reference to tuxedo dial but nothing I've found matches this. Thank you for any help/insight you can provide.

The number on the inside of the caseback - 14363 - is referred to as the reference number for this model. I would suggest typing omega + reference number into google first. That would be a good place to start.

The watch is from 1955. The dial and the case are both quite uncommon but look original to me. I hope that you will keep the watch; if you decide to sell, it would be interesting for many collectors.

And we want close ups of the dial

The watch is from 1955. The dial and the case are both quite uncommon but look original to me. I hope that you will keep the watch; if you decide to sell, it would be interesting for many collectors.
Thank you. Yes - I plan to keep it. It was a gift from my grandparents to my dad.

And we want close ups of the dial
Thank you. I'll charge my camera and see if I can get better pics of the dial.

I've entered the reference #. I come close but no cigar. For instance I get a match for the ref# but not the caliber and no dials that resemble this. Is this something I should take to Omega?

I've entered the reference #. I come close but no cigar. For instance I get a match for the ref# but not the caliber and no dials that resemble this. Is this something I should take to Omega?
This is what is on their vintage database:

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-omega-ko-14363

That it doesn't match your watch is no cause for panic. There are any number of legitimate reasons the caliber is different. Also, Omega made very many dials in this period and you may never find another like yours.

You have a pretty spectacular watch and I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

Newbie is on a steep learning curve. Went to the Omega website. I believe this is from the 1956 International Collection. Gold-cap on stainless. Cal 500 created in 1955, 17 jewels. Was it Omega's practice to issue pieces with several different dials? The dial seems to be the unique factor with this watch. Thanks again for everyone's help. Will try and get better pictures of the dial.

Was it Omega's practice to issue pieces with several different dials?
Heck yeah! Part of the "problem". But what a nice problem to have. 😀

Newbie is on a steep learning curve. Went to the Omega website. I believe this is from the 1956 International Collection. Gold-cap on stainless. Cal 500 created in 1955, 17 jewels. Was it Omega's practice to issue pieces with several different dials? The dial seems to be the unique factor with this watch. Thanks again for everyone's help. Will try and get better pictures of the dial.
Read the post right before yours.

Read the post right before yours.
thank you. I wrote it, posted it, and then said "oh"

The cal. 500 and “OXG” marking on the balance bridge indicates a US market watch.

IMO, the two-tone finish is the work of a creative redialler. Unfortunately, they forgot to add “Seamaster”. By 1956, that name should be on the dial.
gatorcpa

Minute dots under markers and misaligned with markers, most noticeably on the right side. Notice how the cross-hair doesn't align at 3:00.
I believe a hi-res frontal would be most revealing.
Still, I find this design most appealing, just not Omega's.

Welcome to the forum, sorry for your loss,

I could not tell you the first thing about your watch but to my uneducated eye it looks very nice.
To take a much more crisp picture of the dial you can put a mug next to your watch and lay your phone on the mug to stabilize it.
Also it can be useful to apply a watchmaker’s loupe on your phone lens to take pictures. (You can by a x10 one on Ebay for a small sum).

Hi, I vote for redial because I think if the hour-markers ,such as at 3 and 4 o’clock, protrude over the minute marks then it shouldn’t have minute track over there.
BD535593-0DA5-411A-8CA5-224C3F555810.jpeg
I show an example of what I said. This picture comes from internet.

Regards,
Teerapat