Forums Latest Members

Vintage 1956 Rolex Datejust 6605 Rose Gold/SS with Jubilee Bracelet $2975

1. Brook Feb 19, 2020

For sale is my rose gold and SS 6605 Datejust. Watch dates to 1956.
    Case - is in good shape with the serial number (196154) clearly visible, as is the model number (6605). As with any case that is over 60
    years old, I am sure it has been polished in the past. There are no severe marks on the case. The rose gold crown is not original. The caseback is in great shape and marked appropriately (II56 and 6605). The bezel insert, I believe to be the original and is rose gold. At service I had the cyclops crystal swapped out for an aftermarket tropic type.
    Dial - shows it's age, but is all original and has rose gold markers. The dauphine hands are also original. The date disc is the original and alternates between red and black.
    Movement - runs well and was serviced about two years ago. I keep the watch on a winder and at times off the winder, it will stop. This has happened only a couple of times, but I always want full disclosure in my descriptions.
    Band - is a newer Jubilee bracelet (62523H) that is in excellent condition. Believe it is from 1976 and has virtually no stretch.
    Included in the price is the cyclops crystal, period correct + crown and a rose gold 1601 dial. The dial will have to be modified to fit and crown may or may not fit. I bought these parts in the past year with the thought of modifying. I decided to leave it original. New owner......
    Price is $2975 which includes ParcelPro/Fedex shipping in CONUS. International will be extra. Payment via wire transfer or PayPal F&F.
    Returns accepted if I have misrepresented the watch and must be done in 5 days.
    If the buyer does not want the jubilee bracelet, I will include a rose gold buckle. Price will be $2250 without Jubilee.
    Brook Tolman
    College Station, TX
    First two pics taken outside on a cloudy Texas day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]