Forums Latest Members

SOLD VINTAGE 1950s EARLY UNIVERSAL GENEVE POLEROUTER DATE REF 204610-1

1. Diabolik Jun 5, 2016

VERY RARE UNIVERSAL GENEVE POLEROUTER DATE REF 204610-1 SERIAL NUMBER 20534xx
    Very Early Polerouter Date classic watch In nice condition with age related marks and scratches. Case is stainless steel with classic UG twirl lug design. Case is still sharp and looks to be unpolished (in my eyes) but please check yourselves. The crown is signed. with UG logo. The case back shows some wear and has some marks. Serial number and reference numbers are just visible on case back. Inside of case back is signed UG with the sixties emblem and it seems that reference and model number have been inscribed by a watchmaker.

The movement is the 2arly 28 jewel version. It is clean and runs perfectly changing date a couple shortly before 24. The watch is automatic and keeps running. It is normal for these auto mechanisms to make a little noise however there is no rubbing as weight retains it's plating.

Plexi glass is a replacement. Dial is gleaming with slight patina, clean and looks looks beautiful with some lighter spots that are difficult to capture. Hands are original to dial and still shine. Second hand is red and I believe it to be original to watch but please check yourselves. Original lume is present on dial and hands.

All in all a very attractive vintage legendary Universal Geneve which will appreciate as the years go by and provide you with excellent timekeeping while you own it. Comes with a nice stitched leather strap which is almost new but has some minor marks from trying on.

This my watch is out of my personal collection and one that I have enjoyed wearing for many years. I only sell to buy.

It keeps time. However, I do not guarantee timekeeping or accuracy as many factors may influence that such as pressure, weather, humidity and so forth ... So if you want to improve accuracy, take it to a watchmaker and get it regulated (very easy to do and takes seconds). A great daily wear, vintage watch investment or addition to a collection as prices for nice examples will only go one way ...

£575.00 o.v.n.o

IMG_5197.JPG IMG_5198.JPG IMG_5199.JPG IMG_5200.JPG IMG_5201.JPG IMG_5202.JPG IMG_5203.JPG IMG_5204.JPG IMG_5205.JPG

Giff2577, Larry S and sliceoftime_ like this.
  2. Diabolik Jun 5, 2016

Pics in bright sunlight ...

Scartch on crystal is hardly noticeable. Must be a sunlight effect!

IMG_5206.JPG IMG_5207.JPG IMG_5208.JPG IMG_5209.JPG IMG_5210.JPG IMG_5211.JPG