Forums Latest Members

VINTAGE 1940's omega gentleman's bracelet watch with Gay Frères bracelet. Approximate value

1. Samnidhi May 7, 2019

Greetings omega forum. Can I please have an idea as to approximate value?
    OMEGA - a gentleman's bracelet watch. Circa early 1940's. Yellow metal case, stamped 14k.
    Numbered 10100019. Signed manual wind movement, numbered 9133813.
    Copper dial with alternating Roman numeral and square hour markers, subsidiary seconds dial to six.
    Fitted to Gay Frères yellow metal expandable bracelet with folding clasp. 23mm. 58gms.
    Movement is currently functioning.
    Movement has scratches, marks and tarnishing commensurate with general wear visible to the naked eye.
    Dial appears to be in a generally good condition with no marks visible when viewed under a 4x loupe.
    Hands appear to be in a generally good condition.
    Glass has some scratches and marks when viewed under a 4x loupe.
    Case shows noticeable scratches, marks and dints. Visible dints to case back and side.
    Crown has light scratches when viewed under a 4x loupe.
    Bracelet has light scratches and some signs of light stretching to links.Expandable riveted bracelet is made by Gay Frères.
    Clasp is currently functioning and shows light scratches and marks.
    Bracelet measures approximately 18.5cm including case.

This litem was bought by my father who died in 1957. I inherited it when my Mum died in 2017.
    It does not come with box or papers.

IMG_8972.jpg IMG_8971.jpg
  2. Ravineman May 7, 2019

It was your dads so it should be priceless to you.

Don't see it's a watch most collectors here would be excited to buy. IMO selling the watch would maybe get $200 to $250

3. new_heuer May 7, 2019

What planet are you on? The bracelet alone is probably worth 10 times your valuation. And around another $1000 for the head

AdInfinitum likes this.
  4. AdInfinitum May 7, 2019

I concur that the solid bracelet would be worth more than the watch, which is probably a Caliber T17 (or maybe R17.8) - OP can google those to his heart's content.

I hope I never have to contemplate the choice of selling my dad's watch... haha in fact he doesn't collect or even wear watches :D

OP's post reads like a repair estimate from Omega (don't do it!)... and should have been added to the old thread from four months ago instead of starting a new thread - 20 points from Slytherin for poor form
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/gold-vintage-rectangular-omega-gay-freres-bracelet.87838/

https://omegaforums.net/threads/for-the-new-members-read.23288/

new_heuer likes this.