Vintage 165.024 Seamaster 300, REAL Omega/WatchCo case as advertised? Or maybe total fake??

This watch was offered to me as a WatchCo Seamaster 165.024. I thought it would be a nice daily wearer for winter. Upon arrival, it seems that the lugs are too thin and the bevel angles on the lugs is not correct. Do you think this is a WatchCo service case or a total fake case? I was also told that the bezel insert is a service insert, but it has no lume so I think it is also fake. Any opinions will be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

The case is IMO heavyly polished or total fake. The dial is a "nearly good" fake . Lets see the case-back :D

It’s all fake I’m afraid, with the exception of the movement which will be genuine.

These ‘newer’ fakes have really taken off lately. I saw on Instagram a fairly well known collector recently showing his genuine SM300 along with his friends fake sm300 as a “nice pair of 300’s”. Seems neither we’re aware one was fake and looking at the comments, no one else did

Have you actually bought this one? If so get it returned asap

Like 6
Watchco type modern put togethers always use SL lume dials so never have T marks. If you see a supposed ‘Watchco’ with dial Ts then you need to inspect the dial very closely since something is amiss. These are a minefield and I think all but the most avid collector should avoid them unless you are prepared to throw money down the drain.

Like 2
Yes, they show up regurlaly on Etsy, as parts kit as well without movement, and on Catawiki auction site.

It’s all fake I’m afraid, with the exception of the movement which will be genuine.

These ‘newer’ fakes have really taken off lately. I saw on Instagram a fairly well known collector recently showing his genuine SM300 along with his friends fake sm300 as a “nice pair of 300’s”. Seems neither we’re aware one was fake and looking at the comments, no one else did

Have you actually bought this one? If so get it returned asap

Like 1
Thanks everyoe! Here are some back photos. It does not show signs of being over-polished, other than the bevel angles being wrong and the lugs seeming too thin. The back is pristine. The seller supposedly has sold a few of these over the years at NAWCC shows. My hope is that he is being honest and just accidently bought a fake thinking it was a modern WatchCo case, but perhaps I am being naive. He has offered to give me my money back, so I will return it Monday by FedEx. It took almost 3 weeks for it to arrive via USPS Registered Mail.

Yes, they show up regurlaly on Etsy, as parts kit as well without movement, and on Catawiki auction site.

Sadly, yes, I bought it. It took almost 3 weeks to arrive by Registered Mail. It arrived yesterday. I informed the seller last night that it is a fake, and he offered to give my my $ back. That said, as I paid by PayPal, I am concerned as they are not always the best or the fastest. This is VERY sad, as the seller seemed to be a VERY nice collector and part-time dealer. My hope is that he truly had no idea that he owned a total fake.

I think what is in reality sad is the fact, that this completely fake watch will sooner or later pop up for sale again.

It won’t be over polished as it’s completely new. There are fake Seamaster 300’s that are almost vintage themselves now. This however, is the newest type of fake. Some unscrupulous sellers will try and scuff them up to make them appear worn and some simply sell them as they bought them - brand new.

Unfortunately I do think some people have bought these believing them to be genuine, if however a seller accepts a return without question, it suggests they know precisely what they are, otherwise they would question the ‘fake’ label and at least try and maintain that it’s original.

Like 4
Hopefully you will get your money back. Good luck!

By the way, there are a couple of 300's for sale here. Dont know your budget.

Like 1
I’ve seen some of these fakes for sales from some “dealers” online

I think what is in reality sad is the fact, that this completely fake watch will sooner or later pop up for sale again.

Don't worry about this one . There are many 100's already sold and will be re - sold as genuine.

The good news is that I THINK the seller refunded me last week on November 1st. The bad news is that PayPal is a train wreck! PayPal first told me the $ would be back to me in 5 days. Then they told me it would be another 5 days. Now they are saying it could take up to another month. So much for paying the fee to buy "merchandise" (As opposed to family & friends) being a safe way to buy! Never again with a stranger!

The makerspace got a fiber laser.

Such tools are getting more and more popular. It looks like there is going to be a fine line on what can be done and will be acceptable. Ratty watches may become the norm.

My Dad loves the fake Rlx he got on the cruse ship dock in china. I gave him a really nice Connie. He would rather have me 'fix' the Rlx. I actually like the Chairman Mou watch. Back in the late 1980s and 1990s Iron curtain watches were popular. Not so much now with the embargoes. I remember in Vienna and Berlin all the people with tables of 'good' 'quality' watches for the price of a fast food meal.

The only thing I do not like about fake watches is when greedy people try and sell them for the same prices as 'real' watches. Thought it might be fun to look into a 'kit' watch. The prices of something even like a DIY Watchclub 'kit' is ridiculous, when one can buy a vintage project for much the same.