Forums Latest Members
  1. kschollae Dec 2, 2015

Hello all. After reading through numerous posts, I decided I must join this forum!
    I am thinking about purchasing the pictured watch from a trusted local auction. These are the only pictures that I have to work with and are less than ideal. I think I can get it for around $200-300. As you can see in the picture, it is stamped 14k Gold on the back. However, before I make any moves, I wanted to get a few opinions of the experts on this forum. Besides what I have read online....(which we all know is a scary place. HA) I really do not know much about the Deville. I have worn my Prebond Seamaster Pro nearly everyday for the past decade and am looking to get something classic and simple...of course at a helluva deal. Any comments/opinions/recommendations/warnings would be appreciated!

129990_0.jpg 129990_1.jpg 129990_2.jpg
  2. cristos71 Dec 2, 2015

$200-$300 would be a steal for a nice 14kt Seamaster Deville like that. The watch however is not in the best of shape and has had a poor redial which really destroys any collector value.

If you are looking for a classy, all original dress watch this isn't it. You might be better watching the sales forum here where this kind of watch comes up regularly.

3. kschollae Dec 2, 2015

Thank you very much for your input. I put in a low remote bid...who knows...might steal it for $150. Hesitant if it goes higher. They also have a Patek Calatrava from the same guy's collection. Bid on that one too...HA!

I will definitely keep checking the sales forum.