Forums Latest Members
  1. GHigh Mar 3, 2018

Hi folks
    I would welcome any expert views on whether the hands on this 1949 Omega pilot's watch are original.
    Seems fine otherwise, been serviced (certificate) and has military serial no. Engraved on back

Thanks in advance for your comments
    20180303_124413.jpg

20180303_124420.jpg
  2. Bumper Mar 3, 2018

The hands are wrong & the dial has been re-done. Any pics of caseback & movement?

3. GHigh Mar 3, 2018

Thanks for speedy reply!
    Sorry ...no other pics. It was in a shop. If you think it's interesting I could go back and ask him to open it up. He showed me the owner's service certificate and he openly admitted he thought the hands were wrong (hence my query) and his shop is in a small place so reputation matters and I think he's fairly honest and not trying any tricks. It may come down to haggling over a decent price. I've seen replacement hands on ebay for £15 buy then we would be rapidly veering towards Franken territory

4. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 3, 2018

We need reference number to fully asses the watch. I suspect this is one mess of a watch. You have mentioned "certificate" twice. A receipt of service, in my opinion, should not be construed as a certification of anything but service. Be careful. The dial, as mentioned, is a redial of dubious origin and quality.

5. GHigh Mar 3, 2018

Thanks, Bumper and Kingsrider.
    It did have a number on the rear, but I think it is already clear that it's not worth pursuing.
    I appreciate your input.
    :)