Views of a 'vs.' please....

Soooo, having purchased a speedmaster reduced rather than full size due to cost constraints and then realising i'm a swimmer rather than an astronaut ( or F1 driver), although not a diver, i'm now lusting after a decent diver. I have several divers from a TH series 1000, which I love through J.Springs, Casio ( sub-£20 but does the job just fine... I go swimming in it and don't worry about losing/ damaging it!!) and Citizen Promaster.
I was heading in the direction of an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean full size, then discovered the 39.5mm, 2 years old, within budget.
I'm loving the Speedmaster reduced and it's really given me a taste for the smaller watches again. After all, they're watches, not advertising hoardings ( or are they??).
Then I came across the recently released Tudor Pelagos 39mm, brand new, similar price.
....aaand now i'm all of a to do. Being Mr Indecisive I've no idea which to choose. Like 'em both and would probably be happy with either. They'll never be used for diving and i never see a desk, so not even desk diving.

Any advice of Planet Ocean 39.5mm 2 years old vs brand new Pelagos 39mm would be gratefully received.
I guess at the end of the day it comes down to which appeals to me most aesthetically as they'll never be used for their raison d'etre but would be very interested to hear views please ( about the watches not me )
TIA
Edited:

Personally, I bought my GMT Master II as an all purpose piece. I’m a catamaran sailor and avid snorkeling enthusiast. It travelled the world with me and was regularly dunked. Also own a Victorinox Dive Master 500, Two Baltic Aquascaphe (original and dual crown). Because of the recent Rolex insanity, the latter three see more water time these days than the Rolex. They are also with me on Bareboat adventures now. My advice, get yourself an inexpensive beater like these or a Seiko 5 for watery fun.

The PO will be a thicker watch, even at 39mm. There are long waiting lists for the new Pelagos, so unless you already have a relationship with an AD, you are unlikely to be able to just walk in and buy one.

if it were me, and I was absolutely sure I couldn’t wear a Seamaster Pro or 300, I’d get a Tudor Black Bay 58.

but try on the other Seamaster models first. The important measure is lug to lug distance, not width. And all of those watches have a lug-to-lug within a couple mm of each other. You might be surprised that the “bigger” watch will wear quite nicely.

Personally, I bought my GMT Master II as an all purpose piece. I’m a catamaran sailor and avid snorkeling enthusiast. It travelled the world with me and was regularly dunked. Also own a Victorinox Dive Master 500, Two Baltic Aquascaphe (original and dual crown). Because of the recent Rolex insanity, the latter three see more water time these days than the Rolex. They are also with me on Bareboat adventures now. My advice, get yourself an inexpensive beater like these or a Seiko 5 for watery fun.
Thanks for that Larry.
As i said, got the Citizen & casio ( and even a timex ) for watery fun. Looking for a daily diver for wearing in the dry, looking at and going "ooohhh" ( internally mostly).
Can't afford the real expensive stuff, so just next rung up really ( just the one extra zero /decimal place ).

The PO will be a thicker watch, even at 39mm. There are long waiting lists for the new Pelagos, so unless you already have a relationship with an AD, you are unlikely to be able to just walk in and buy one.

if it were me, and I was absolutely sure I couldn’t wear a Seamaster Pro or 300, I’d get a Tudor Black Bay 58.

but try on the other Seamaster models first. The important measure is lug to lug distance, not width. And all of those watches have a lug-to-lug within a couple mm of each other. You might be surprised that the “bigger” watch will wear quite nicely.
Thanks for that Donn - yup, the 58 is hovering in the background.
I'm lucky (?) inasmuch as I have perfectly sized wrists that can quite happily take large or small watches and I was heading off to 42+ when the TH and speedmaster reduced ganged up on me and went "sexy or what?? - y'know, less really is more "

.....aaaand a mere 24 hours later, this one - a grand cheaper and recently serviced is massively tearing at me heartstrings. This was the one I started with a few weeks ago ♥️

I would go for the Planet Ocean. I own several 45.5mm models and the size was not a problem for me. I loved most the Orange versions.
I did not had any smaller versions but if you are a person who fill better with a smaller watch to his wrist I will go for it.

Thanks for the feedback.
Taking delivery of this one tomorrow.
Funny how vague I can get in my life.
I guess I'll get onto a 300 heritage in a while but this'll keep me going for a year or two
2200.50, 2500(d). - I feel it has a certain gravitas.... I do like the white /black/silver. Starting to notice a certain theme in my collection

Thanks for the feedback.
Taking delivery of this one tomorrow.
Funny how vague I can get in my life.
I guess I'll get onto a 300 heritage in a while but this'll keep me going for a year or two
2200.50, 2500(d). - I feel it has a certain gravitas.... I do like the white /black/silver. Starting to notice a certain theme in my collection

Getting my 300 MC Heritage was my best decision...

Pair_Of_SeaMasters.jpg WAYW_and_Pets.jpg

That's either a tiny ( or faraway) dog you've got there or a huge watch...
Definitely loving the heritage though

That's either a tiny ( or faraway) dog you've got there or a huge watch...
Definitely loving the heritage though

Definitely tiny.....

IMG_0001.JPG