Forums Latest Members

Video Review of aftermarket Omega Seamaster Bracelets

1. Audley Yung Jun 15, 2015

Basically...stay away from no matter how good they look in the photos. Feel free to take a look at the video if you'd like. Most people on here probably already know these aftermarket bracelets are poor quality, but i figured i'd put this post here for search purposes in case any newbies want to know how these wear and feel.

Mods, feel free to move this to the watch reviews section if it's more appropriate there.

nickw, Muaazyaakob and WatchVaultNYC like this.
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 15, 2015

Did you make this video? If so, just so you know the original bracelet can be refinished, likely for less than what you paid for the copy. And the SMP bracelet for the 25318000 should be combination brushed/polished, not all brushed if you are going for the OEM look. Here is a before/after comparison of one I refinished recently - realized after I shipped the watch back that I had the bracelet the wrong way around for the second photo dammit...oh well, you can still see the result is very good:

[​IMG]

Also, the comments about the links being tight - even sometimes new Omega links will do this before they have a chance to wear in - it's pretty common.

Cheers, Al

2tone61, Canadian Buck and persco like this.
  3. DAM Jun 15, 2015

Can you suggest a good seller for a new bracelet? the watch is a 2015 38.5 Aqua Terra master coax. Thanks

4. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jun 15, 2015

While we're on the subject, I would caution members about buying so called genuine Omega bracelets on the auction sites. there are some scarily good fakes out there that most people wouldn't know were not real Omega.

2015-06-15 15.58.31.jpg 2015-06-15 15.58.56.jpg 2015-06-15 15.59.08.jpg 2015-06-15 16.00.02.jpg
    Muaazyaakob likes this.
  5. Audley Yung Jun 16, 2015

Ahh Archer, the refinished original is very good! I'll have to look into that, I didn't think they could come back out brushed so well. And yes, I do know that the original bracelet is brushed with polished highlights in the middle. I didn't want mine to be completely brushed.

And for the other user asking about wear to get original bracelets..I think Ofrei might be the best place.

http://www.ofrei.com/page1280.html

anyone else more experienced can respond if I am wrong about Ofrei!

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 16, 2015

@Trev actually brushed / polished one of his himself and when I compared it to my OEM finished 2225.80 it was almost perfect

7. Muaazyaakob Jan 5, 2016

For pic below can i say this is genuine?

image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png