Forums Latest Members

SOLD Very rare Guinand chronograph for Italian Army

1. vujen Aug 11, 2022

Hi guys!
    For your consideration, a really rare watch. For sale for this community this rare Guinand chronograph, for sure one of the rarest chronographs for the Italian army.
    These watches were used during the late 50s for military topographers and artillery officials, not to soldiers. So there were only few hundreds of them at that time. Now it's quite rare to find it one, expecially in good condition, like this one.
    Stainless steel case is 36mm wide excluding crown, and it's untouched, with normal signs of use. Crown is original. Little pushers are original to this reference and make this watch even cooler, if possible. On the screw back you can appreciate his military engravings: E.I. means "Esercito Italiano" (Italian Army) and for this specific model assignment numbers always are between 2000 and 3000.
    Light grey soleil dial is in great shape, with lume dots still visible, and without any major scratch. Movement is fully working; last service is unknown. Of course dial is original, never reprinted. Lume on hands and dial is original. Blue scale is just the cherry on the cake.

Attatched with it I'll add a brand new italian leather strap from the brand "SMU", a small brand of straps that I'm building with a friend of mine (you can see more here).

This is for sure the last Italian Army chronograph still available at a more than fair price. It's nice and rare, and full of history. For it I am asking 1600€ plus worldwide shipment.

Me and watches are located in Italy. I have tons of feedback to provide if needed.

Thank you guys, thank you OF
    M.

1g.jpg 2g.jpg 3g.jpg 4g.jpg 5g.jpg 6g.jpg 7g.jpg

2. vujen Aug 13, 2022

up!

3. vujen Aug 19, 2022

up! ;)

4. vujen Aug 23, 2022

another up for this rare rare watch!
    it will be hard to find another one, especially in this condition!

Pazzo likes this.
  5. sxl2004 Aug 23, 2022

What movement is this?
    Thanks

6. vujen Aug 25, 2022

Hi! It is a Landeron 248 movement.
    The upper pusher is only used to start the chronograph function. You have to use the lower one for stop and reset functions. Cool feature.

wristpirate likes this.
  7. sxl2004 Aug 25, 2022

Thanks
    I love Landerons and they are underrated by the watch community (aka snobs).
    GLWS

sheepdoll and vujen like this.
  8. vujen Aug 31, 2022

up!

9. Myron Sep 3, 2022

Very cool watch, and a real treat for fans of modern Guinand watches too.

vujen likes this.
  10. shishy www.hpmor.com Sep 4, 2022

Nice one, have a bump on me. If I was in a buying mood this would have been marked sold forever ago.

vujen likes this.
  11. vujen Sep 5, 2022

thank you guys! yes, it's incredibly still available! fair price for a rare military watch! :)

12. vujen Sep 28, 2022

SOLD here in OF. thank you all.

Braindrain, YYTIN, Thommas and 2 others like this.