Forums Latest Members

Very Difficult To Access Site, Why?

1. seamonster Respectable Member May 30, 2013

Respectable Members

Kindly advise why I find it difficult to get into the omegaforums website. To open a page, it takes me about 3 - 5 minutes and I have to use the refresh button, several times. To post a reply takes ages, too. Virtually all the time, the picture of the angry cat, appears.

I did not have any problem with the format, previous to this one.

Please advise how am I to rectify this fault.

Thank-you.

2. MyVintageOmega May 30, 2013

Just a note that everything works well for me...... and a mod will respond shortly on the issue.

3. seamonster Respectable Member May 30, 2013

Respectable Member MyVintageOmega

Including you, so far no one has experienced this issue, I reckon.

Strangely when I visit other websites, including forums, the pages open so quick. I do not experience this current difficulty with the omegaforums when the old format was in use.

At times, when I open a page of omegaforums, a pharmaceutical website opens.

I hope a mod will come along to help me out, so that I will be able to enjoy this site, better.

Thank-you.

4. seamonster Respectable Member May 30, 2013

Respectable Member MyVintageOmega

I have just tried to get into this 'Open Discussion' section and it brought me to:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoxetine

More than occasionally this happens, I realize.

Thank-you.

5. Trev The Architect Staff Member May 30, 2013

Everything seems to be set correctly, there's no errors in the logs.

Are you always using the same computer?

6. Mathlar May 30, 2013

I don't like the sound of the "pharmaceutical" redirects. Sounds like malware to me, playing havoc with your DNS settings.

7. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist May 30, 2013

Repectable Member seamonster,

Prozac? There are other ways to combat depression, for example, watch buying.

Thank-you.

ulackfocus, Littleroger and Melhadary like this.
  8. seamonster Respectable Member May 30, 2013

Respectable Member Trev

I appreciate your checking, to say there's no errors in the logs.

At one time, I was using my very old machine, approximately 14 years old. At that time, you had the old format and there was no trouble accessing the omegaforums website, despite the age of the equipment. Still with the ancient machine, when you introduced the current format, I started getting into trouble trying to get into the site. I tolerated, thinking with the new format the traffic has become heavier and my old machine was too slow to cope.

About a month ago, the 14 year old computer totally collapsed and refused to open. My son then let me use his brand-new computer (hardly one month old) and with this, I thought the issue could be resolved. It still persists till now.

Just like the ancient computer, this new machine has no trouble accessing the other websites, including the various watch forums.

Kindly advise.

Thank-you.

9. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident May 30, 2013

Interestingly, my computer at work is painfully slow accessing WUS but I suspect that it is the computer trying to tell me something ::facepalm2::

10. seamonster Respectable Member May 30, 2013

Respectable Member Mathlar

When my son is available, I shall ask him to check the DNS settings and I appreciate this advice.

Thank-you.

11. seamonster Respectable Member May 30, 2013

Respectable Member MMMD

Surely I shall take your advice of watch buying first, once funds are available, before buying over the Prozac factory. A packet of Prozac will not be good enough for me, to overcome this issue. Perhaps the computer screen can read the stress on my face and that being the reason, the machine directed me to the pharmaceutical site.

Thank-you.

12. seamonster Respectable Member May 30, 2013

Respectable Member Stewart H

Since you have not been directed to the pharmaceutical site, your issue is has not reached chronic level. More than likely, Panadol is good enough and not Prozac, unlike me.

Thank-you.

13. pitpro Likes the game. May 30, 2013

seamonster
    You are a stitch!
    Your problem sounds like malware.
    Have your son download and run this program.
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/

14. seamonster Respectable Member May 31, 2013

Respectable Member pitpro

I appreciate your advice.

As soon as he is available, more likely over the weekend, I shall ask him to do it. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved.

Thank-you.

15. seamonster Respectable Member Jun 1, 2013

My issue can only be resolved towards the end of this month, since my son is away and will not be back home, till then. Meanwhile, I shall just tolerate.

Thank-you.

16. pitpro Likes the game. Jun 1, 2013

I bet you could handle it. Not hard.

17. seamonster Respectable Member Jun 1, 2013

Most people will find it easy, once you have given the website of the anti-virus. Unfortunately, I am computer-illiterate and the computer is not mine. If I were to hit the wrong button, the whole machine might collapse.

I appreciate your encouragement but I think I am not confident enough, to give it a go.

Thank-you.

18. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jun 2, 2013

you could try deleting your internet browser history, it may not help but it's an easy job so maybe worth a try

19. seamonster Respectable Member Jun 2, 2013

Respectable Member shaun hk

I appreciate your trying to help me.

I am sure you will either laugh or just get annoyed with me, if I tell you I do not know what is 'internet browser history'. As far as computer knowledge and its applications are concerned, I am at kindergarten-level.

Ask me to play a 78 rpm record on a gramophone, I will readily do it, with ease.

Thank-you.

Dablitzer and Privateday7 like this.
  20. MyVintageOmega Jun 2, 2013

Go to (Tools) on your tool bar and click (Tools)......a window will pop up and either say (Delete browsing history) or (safety). If it says (Delete browsing history) click on and another window will open where you can fill in the check box to delete your history and cookies.///// ........If your tools opens a box that says (safety) click on (safety) and the option to (Delete browsing history) will appear.....click on and fill in the required check boxes. Good luck!!