Forums Latest Members
  1. Wheels Apr 14, 2013

Right, here's the thing. Maybe I'm being a little thin skinned or maybe it's just got to me but.....does anyone else grow tired of answering the usual "I just bought this, is it real?" posts and then never hearing or seeing that same poster ever again? I need to point out that its not on this forum but another well known forum that a few of us populate ( and at least one of us has been booted from! ;) ). It wouldn't take much to just answer with a simple thanks would it? Sometimes we spend a good 30-45 mins trawling the OVD or other reference material to help someone out. Ok, vented, rant over :)

2. ulackfocus Apr 14, 2013

Oh Gawd, you have NO idea. I've been a mod for 5 years now and it does get old - especially when the n00b posts a vague description and NO PICTURES!!!! Lately I've been a bit more abrupt with that kind of stupidity.

Hey! I resemble that remark! :p

3. Wheels Apr 14, 2013

Really? Hadn't noticed :)
    I dunno, maybe I'm just a bit tired and need a nap but it pissed me off this morning. I don't think I'll bother for a while until my good humour returns.

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 14, 2013

wheels, I noticed you and I have been doing that a bit on the other forum!

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 15, 2013

Just saw your rant on WUS ;)

6. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 15, 2013

Sometimes I cannot keep my cool. And perhaps even overreact a little - but in hindsight I was right - the guy was a creep. The parts where I say that he does not share anything with anyone else points to the fact that he does not have anything public at flickr - click on his name and you will see....nothing.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/45306161@N03/6821239482/in/set-72157622817879727

7. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Apr 15, 2013

To All,
    Just as you search through a hundred redials for that one, true find, so is the life of the moderator, I suspect. ( Or, as I affectionately call Dennis, "The Extremerator", not much moderate associated with you I feel !).

Please don't focus on the buffoons and users of this world, but instead accept a hearty "Thank You and Bless You" from those that you show the way and those who seriously wish to study and learn from your experiences and knowledge, generally forgiving our ineptness.

I have been the Apprentice Instructor for my Trade Union for more than twenty years and many students go on to mediocrity or worse and are quickly forgotten. However, some go on to great things and warm my heart with their accomplishments.
    But most of all, I teach in order to try and repay the mentors and craftsmen that taught me. The men who passed the baton to me and would accept no thanks, but only asked that I try to continue the cause.
    I feel you are the prime examples of personal effort and sacrifice in order to carry forward a fine tradition. Some lack of patience is certainly understandable and often a good thing.

A tip of the hat, Gentlemen, for a job well done, don't let the nit-wits get you down!

From All of Us

Wheels, SpikiSpikester and DLT222 like this.
  8. ulackfocus Apr 15, 2013

That place will do it to you. Take a look at the old threads with good information in it, and you'll notice all the members that are banned. You can only bite your tongue for so long before you either say something or go postal.

Uncle Buck has the right view of things, but it's tough to be completely altruistic. It'd be great if nothing ever bothered me, but I'm only human. Besides, snarky sarcasm is one of my better traits. :D

9. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Apr 15, 2013

oooh, that's good.

10. Wheels Apr 15, 2013

Not really a rant as such, just provided some gentle advice ;)
    Uncle Buck, your view is admirable. I too have spent a goodly amount of my career in training establishments and its always good to see a trainee who has absorbed your training and has become a master of their trade. It's a bit different in Internet land but I'm sure I'll adjust.