Veblenist Straps

Hi everyone, I recently received my watch strap from Howard over at Veblenist and wanted to write a review about my experience.

Short summary for those who do not want to read: Wonderful, tailored experience that resulted in a high quality strap. Customization is ridiculously simple. Buy with confidence!

Now for those of you who want more detail.

Strap Type: Saddle Brown Racing Watch Strap
Material: French Calfskin
Price: $95
Link: https://www.veblenist.com/straps/saddle-brown-racing-watch-strap

Browsing/Selection

Veblenist has a beautiful website that offers a wide range of straps and customization (more on this later). It is very easy to sort by strap type, material, finish, among many others. Given that each strap is made to order, if you do not see something you like, Howard will happily make a custom strap for you at a competitive price with excellent materials.

Ordering

Howard had a presence here on the Omega Forums so I reached out to him to see if my customization request could be accommodated. He quickly responded, informing me that my request should not be an issue. I was looking to have the stitching on my strap match the dial color of my SMP 300. I gave him the RGB code and he did a great job color matching. I was expecting to pay a premium to have this done, but he did so at no additional cost! I was also surprised to see that the quick release spring bar option was offered at no additional cost.

Fulfillment

The timeline from payment to arriving at my doorstep was quite quick given my customization requests and the fact that every strap is made to order. I ordered on 5/22 and it shipped on 6/2. Memorial day fell within this timeframe and the job was still completed very quickly. Upon ordering, I was sent a confirmation email and another one once the watch was sent. Great communication and turn around time.

Unboxing Experience

I was very impressed with the unboxing experience. I have included some pictures below.

IMG_1980.jpg IMG_1981.jpg IMG_1990.jpg

Pictures

Here are some pictures I took of the strap. Please excuse the poor lighting, these were taken under artificial light on my phone.

IMG_1983.jpg IMG_1984.jpg IMG_1985.jpg IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

I did not like the color combo when I first put it on the watch but it has really grown on me. Something that needs to be seen in person since pictures do not do it justice.
Quality and Fit

I am very impressed with the quality and finish of the strap. The leather is very soft and extremely comfortable to wear. This takes the prize for most comfortable leather strap thus far. I often find myself being between sizes. One hole is too tight and going down one notch feels too loose; this fit was perfect

Final Thoughts

I would happily buy another strap from Howard. He will be the first person I contact when I am looking for a non OEM strap given the pleasant nature of my first buying experience. It goes to show that the small details, even packaging, do matter. Customer service was impeccable and the pricing was fair. Buy with confidence and you will not be disappointed!