Forums Latest Members
  1. Psych May 10, 2015

Wonderful celebrations of 70th anniversary of VE Day here in London. The fly past by vintage aircraft put a lump in my throat and me think about Omegas worn by combatants on both sides. Since Switzerland was neutral, presumably everyone could have been wearing an Omega.

We know all about the US space missions Omegas - but could the experts here tell us something about the watches used in WW2?

2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 10, 2015

Well, you see, the Swiss had strict scruples and....
    1409.gif

3. Psych May 10, 2015

Let's not be beastly to the Swiss.

4. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches May 10, 2015

How did the Swiss continue to ship watches to the Allies once the Axis controlled the land adjacent to them on every side? Through a third nation?

Would love to learn more about the World War II military contract production Swiss watch, for both sides, Glycine, Longines, and Omega in particular.

5. redpcar May 10, 2015

"Would love to learn more about the World War II military contract production Swiss watch, for both sides, Glycine, Longines, and Omega in particular."
    It would take some research but I believe these were shipped mostly to the Allies. Don't recall seeing German variants....... Plenty of other Swiss brands went to the Axis (Breitling, Buren, Pierpont.......)
    I'm sure many more qualified historians will chime in on this....

6. agee May 10, 2015

MWR-Military Watch Resource
    www.broadarrow.net
    Much information can be found there along with many knowledgeable members willing to share their expertise

noelekal likes this.