Forums Latest Members
  1. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Oct 13, 2015

Was just wondering if anyone here has tried vaping to cut down/cease cigarette smoking.

Just recently I've decided to quit smoking and moved over to vaping. Currently 5 weeks cigarette free. :rolleyes:

Anyone else gone down this route?

2. ulackfocus Oct 13, 2015

I used the nicotine gum for a short time when I quit 14+ years ago. The first few weeks were rough but haven't smoked since.

tpatta and RawArcher like this.
  3. Buckeyes#1 Things come with instructions? Oct 13, 2015

No. I quit back in 2003, did that the stuff back then.
    Good for you!
    Keep it up. It's unbelievable how muck better you will feel.

4. Rman Oct 13, 2015

I quit cold turkey 3 weeks ago. So far so good.
    If I vaped I'd be vaping all day and all night. I'm concerned about what's in that stuff.
    From what I've heard most people go from vaping (when they quit or can't smoke) + smoking (when they can) = net increase in nicotine.

Good Luck

Buckeyes#1 likes this.
  5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 13, 2015

26 years

Buckeyes#1 likes this.
  6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 13, 2015

I quit the easiest way...I never started. ;)

7. Georgieboy58 Oct 13, 2015

me too ;)

Buckeyes#1 likes this.
  8. happytapy Oct 13, 2015

Yep. I have been trying to get into vaping. Only the past month has it been successful. Did not take long to get down to a Innoken Disruptor with a Kangartech Mini Sub nano. Great Vape but my eliquid is not that tasty. Finding it hard to get great taste.

Throat hit great, vapour great. But as for taste, nothing seems to work. Using 18 to 24mg Nic over a 1.2 ohm coil. Seems to work a treat.

Keep going and remember, you can burn through a lot of customising products and money to achieve the best for you, but it will still be a fraction of the cost buying smokes. I think I will reduce costs to less than a third here in Oz + be healthier. Cheers

9. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Oct 13, 2015

Currently using an Aspire Nautilus tank on an Aspire CF Sub battery. I tend to mix flavours, but happy so far.

happytapy likes this.
  10. happytapy Oct 13, 2015

Yes, I am mixing too. Some of the tastes are awful. Learned to avoid burning and finding lower resistance is a good way to get almost instantaneous heat on the vapour and great throat hit. Just having trouble working out the best eliquids. Supplier here in Oz seem to pick the best they can find from OS, but some of the after tastes are dreadful. Very individual but how a Strawberry aftertaste works on a Rich Fine Tobacco liquid is beyond me. Yuk. Cherry perhaps, but Strawberries?

Mouse_at_Large likes this.
  11. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Oct 13, 2015

Cherry, blackcurrant and menthol work for me.

happytapy likes this.
  12. happytapy Oct 13, 2015

Ahh. Thank you for that. I am using Menthol for throat hit (its good in small doses) and have Cherry on the way to clean up and mask the awful strawberry aftertaste, but Blackcurrant sounds interesting.

Thank you.

13. pitpro Likes the game. Oct 13, 2015

Halo Torque56 is what I use.(closest to Marlboro Gold)
    Halo Sub-Zero is good menthol(like Kools)
    I Use their G6 mini tanks

14. dscoogs Oct 13, 2015

No, I am trying to quit cold turkey by reminding myself every morning and when feeling the urge: "Do not light up the first one" ...

happytapy and Jacquot like this.
  15. Jacquot Oct 13, 2015

I quit when I got chronic bronchitis and couldn't get near a cigarette for 6 months. I kept trying, but finally kicked it. There were no aids 40 years ago. Huge difference in how I felt after. Keep at it. I like what dscoogs said, it takes will, you'll be so glad after if you do that. Getting sick should not be an option.

happytapy likes this.
  16. happytapy Oct 13, 2015

Yes, important points. I got sick 15 years ago and gave up smoking for 2 years. Then strayed. You have to have the will, but you also need a really good reason. Mine was I thought I have throat cancer and I stopped cold turkey. Shock took over. Could not believe at the time it was possible, but it was.

No excuse for starting up again but this time I am trying to be a little more strategic in quitting. I figure that as I actually like smoking, I would be giving up a habit I really enjoy. A bit like giving up wine or perhaps indulgent foods.

No point giving up if you are going to miss it. That's why I Vape. Patches are so clinical and pretty boring. Vaping is a different thing. [emoji106][emoji41]

17. base615 Oct 14, 2015

I moved on to Heroin. Much more fun than smoking cigars to be honest and my lungs feel all the better for it.

18. Tubber Oct 14, 2015

I tried a lot of different things but nothing worked. Eventually tried Champix. Stopped after 10 days. That was 3 years ago and still feel sick when I smell a cigarette. Doesn't work for everybody and does mess with your head.

19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 14, 2015

Hey, no point giving up heroin if you are going to miss it! ;)

happytapy likes this.
  20. happytapy Oct 14, 2015

That's what I say.