Forums Latest Members
  1. Vulffi Nov 3, 2017

Hi Forum,

from this forum and the links from here to other sites I have learned a lot about Omegas. Among other things I know how to value a Moonwatch and maybe a Constelation. I recently ran into an NOS Speedmaster MK 4,5 with Box and Papers stamped in 1986 and I am wondering what the value might be ? I know it is not as collectable as an Moonwatch, but it could still be interesting. The price range on Chrono 24 seem to be quite wide and the condition of the watches varies so much that I have difficult in making a proper assesment of the value.
    So, my question is, does anybody have a clue about the value ?
    Sorry, only one picture of the watch, nothing of the back and no picture of the movement.

Thankfull for all the help I can get :)

Vulffi

Speedmaster MK 4,5.jpg

2. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Nov 3, 2017

Value is up to you. If you buy as an investment then it useless as a watch to wear. If you want a watch to wear then you need to look some where else.

Vulffi likes this.
  3. roryoc11 Nov 3, 2017

I'm not sure that it is truly NOS. Do you have any pictures in natural light? It looks like could have a service dial and hands. A member here recently sold a NOS Mark 4.5, slightly different model and I think it didnt hang around at ~$2000.

Vulffi likes this.
  4. Koen Nov 3, 2017

bracelet, pushers and crown are not really nos looking.

Vulffi likes this.
  5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Nov 3, 2017

I had one, which certainly was nowhere near NOS. I bought it for €1100 a couple years ago.

Vulffi likes this.
  6. Sherbie Nov 3, 2017

Agree with the experts - looks to have a lot of service parts added. Also, on unmolested examples, the date wheel is nearly always discoloured (yellow) compared to the day of the week wheel. No idea why, although a lot of these were sold to latin america, so one theory goes that the spanish day wheel was replaced for a english ( new, white) version, while the date wheel was not exchanged.

Bought mine for £1000 in 2012 - not NOS by any means, but had not had a hard life.

Vulffi likes this.
  7. Vulffi Nov 6, 2017

Thank you very much for all the valuable advice ! I decided to pass this watch because of the questions and since I like to use my watches (in a slow rotation) it is not worth paying the NOS premium (if it is not even NOS ).

Vulffi

Vercingetorix and Koen like this.