Forums Latest Members

Using a chronograph to track a second timezone

1. tarek1974 Jan 15, 2015

Hi there. My omega speedmaster 9300 has a combined minutes and hours register. I some times use it as a second time zone but I need to start it at the right time.

Is there or has there ever been a movement which would allow for the "setting" or winding on of chronograph hands.
    This would effectively be a dual time watch with a zero reset or flyback. Essentially, one register could carry out a variety of functions without cluttering the dial and diluting the primary function of timekeeping.

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 15, 2015

I think once you get into complications like that you're better of with a GMT or equivalent, like iwc"s TZC watches.

Thee are tons of really beautiful world watches in all sorts of brands shapes and colors.

That said I do seem to remember a Tag that could have the chronograph hands set, but I think only the minute one.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 15, 2015

Many quartz chronos are able to be set by jogging the hands of the chrono.

But then you'd have to wear a quartz watch, it just doesn't make sense.

::stirthepot::

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 15, 2015

Yeah, the Tag I'm talking about is Quartz.

5. tarek1974 Jan 16, 2015

Thanks. I have a gmt watch, but a well designed chronograph is something I would wear all the time. Gmt chronographs, on the other hand, never seem to work. Too many hands I suppose. The nicest I've seen is the breitling transocean gmt. Unfortunately it's too expensive, too shiney and too thick.
    Out of interest I'll check the tag.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 16, 2015

I used to do that on my Tag Heuer F1 chronograph, was a nice feature