Forums Latest Members
  1. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Mar 11, 2015

Since early February, I have had an uncommon number of items inbound to the US from abroad get marooned between having left the origin country and customs clearance here. Stuck for two, three, four weeks. All shipped EMS/handled by USPS once in the US. Some track and some do not. Am I alone? Have I been marked somehow?

2. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Mar 11, 2015

No you are not. I have had the same problem for at least a month - maybe two. Extremely slow service via international shipping - especially once it hits customs.

3. lenny Mar 11, 2015

Perhaps your watches are giving off too much radiation :). I've been averaging about 1 - 3 days at the JFK ISC.

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 11, 2015

Had one that took 4-5 weeks but a few that breezed right through after 2-3 days.

5. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 11, 2015

I've never had a problem (although have not had recent experience)...By the way, has anyone in the US been hit with customs charges?

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 11, 2015

Via USPS - no after countless packages (over 500).

7. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 11, 2015

Wow, doing the math -- and all watches?...And that's just those from overseas. Yikes.

8. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Mar 11, 2015

I have had five incoming over the last few months, an no delays or problems whatsoever with US Customs. One shipment from Hong Kong arrived faster than USPS priority domestic. :)

On the other hand, one outgoing is now more than five weeks in transit. To Thailand, so I have no idea if that's normal or not. :(

9. pitpro Likes the game. Mar 11, 2015

Been tracking one of mine and it's
    in limbo, left France(shows on Colissimo) but hasn't shown on
    USPS yet. Here's what it says on Colissimo-
    En raison de conditions météorologiques extrêmes et l'annulation
    de nombreux vols, nous rencontrons des retards dans la livraison
    des colis transitant par les aéroports de de New York (JFK) et Chicago
    (ORD) depuis Décembre.

("Due to extreme weather conditions and the cancellation of many flights,
    we encounter delays in the delivery of parcels passing through the New York
    airport (JFK) and Chicago (ORD) since December.")
    Also, read this thread, maybe you will feel better Lou.
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/teams/7718/questions/discuss/15970718/page/18?post_id=266329220

10. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 11, 2015

Thai customs? ::facepalm1::

11. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 11, 2015

I currently have 4 incoming from overseas. Will see if any of them get delayed.

12. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 11, 2015

Many were watch parts/movements but yes, quite a number of them were watches.

13. ELV web Mar 11, 2015

You don't want to sell to thailand, the customs there can make matters vanish (I.e. Defying the laws of physics)

14. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Mar 12, 2015

Agreed, it was an item being returned (an eBay fishing expedition gone bad) so no choice. C'est la vie.

15. marturx Mar 12, 2015

I´m relieved to read this! I sent a watch out from here (Sweden) on the 20th of February, to the US/ SF. It left Sweden on the 23rd of February. No sign of life up to now! Normally it takes a week, or a little more, to be delivered.

Now I have hope again, that it is not lost in transit, which in that case would be the first time for me.

16. lillatroll Mar 12, 2015

I just recieved one from the US that took about 10 days, must be a one way problem.

17. jimmyjay Mar 12, 2015

I'm experiencing a delay. My first vintage Omega has been in the US 14 days since arriving from Hungary.

18. Hijak Mar 12, 2015

Am experiencing this now with a watch from Germany. Its been in limbo since arriving in the states for eight going on nine days now.:(

19. toddle321 Mar 12, 2015

I had one watch from Belgium a couple weeks ago that sat in customs for 11 days. I had another come in from HK around the same time that only sat in customs for 12 hours. The slow moving Belgian watch came through NY, the HK watch came directly from HK to Chicago and cleared customs at O'Hare.

20. woodwkr2 Mar 12, 2015

Watch purchased on Dec. 31st from Greece. Entered USA 2-3 weeks later EMS--> USPS 1st Class Registered. Stuck in customs, sent to NYC, tracking said available for pickup (no notice nor delivery attempt), sent back to NYC sorting center one day later, sent to Chicago (random), marooned in Chicago for 3 weeks. I file case #1. Case is closed with no follow up. I file case #2; case is closed with no follow up. Case #2 reopened after much wrangling on the phone. Now told to follow up at NY USPS consumer affairs number. Tracking again shows movement. Arrives back in NYC sorting center. I call consumer affairs number 6 days in a row, never reach live human, leave voice mail. Send email to NYC postmaster general. No response. Package is marooned in NYC for 3 weeks. Seller in Greece eventually informs me (on March 10th) that he picked up the package at his local post office. It was addressed correctly and USPS had stamped "Undeliverable. No forwarding."

If you want to know what the USA would look like had communism won, I can refer you to the lovely post office at 103rd and Broadway in NYC. Unprofessional and incompetent do not even begin to approach reality.

Lou, if your packages have been marooned in "Jamaica, NY" I'll send you some good luck... it hasn't been doing me a whole lot of good lately ;)

Edited Mar 12, 2015