Forums Latest Members

Urgent help on Seamaster Aqua Terra!!!

1. prateeksarkar Jun 26, 2016

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here! After months of reading various threads and reviews, I am absolutely thrilled to start my own thread!!! [​IMG]

I am planning on purchasing my first Omega, which is a two tone Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 8500 - model number: 231.20.42.21.06.002.

Could anyone please tell me if the bezel and crown on this watch is solid gold? It's mentioned red gold in the website, but it does not mention if it is solid gold, gold rolled, plated or filled.

Also, I was reading this thread: Modern Omega Two-Tone Watches.... Are the gold links solid gold???
    please check out the last two posts in that thread! They say that the links of a similar aqua terra are gold capped!
    What do you think? Do you think it is the same case with the bezel and crown too?

I will really appreciate it if anyone can answer my query at the earliest, as I plan on making the purchase ASAP! [​IMG]

Thank you very much!

Prateek

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 26, 2016

I've already told you on WUS that the watch you are planning to purchase has a solid gold bezel and crown. I'm not sure why you are so concerned about a watch you are not intending to buy...

cwindham, yousefsl and Foo2rama like this.
  3. Pvt-Public Jun 26, 2016

I really don't see the urgency. If it was that urgent you could just call the boutique, a lot faster then joining a forum and waiting.

4. nmttd2 Jun 26, 2016

I have the AT with the gold capped links. The bezel and crown are solid gold though.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    OMGRLX likes this.
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 27, 2016

Definitely faster than the two posts here, plus 5 PM's I've had from this guy at WUS so far. The first one I answered his question, and the next 4 are basically "Are you really sure?"

Why ask me if you are not going to believe my answer?

rhj and Pvt-Public like this.