Forums Latest Members
  1. sdre Jan 27, 2018

Waited the whole God damn Saturday for the package and it never came. Delivery slated at 11-6pm and no signs no calls no messages nothing.

The last time ups sent me a package it got lost and I had to file a claim with the seller.

Jesus, FedEx and DHL are miles miles miles better than this trash company

/rant

timjohn likes this.
  2. Maganator Jan 27, 2018

UPS ‘lost’ a watch I sold once.

Made no effort to find it either. I’ve still no idea where it is

3. alam Jan 27, 2018

UPS delivered always as scheduled for me [in the eastern coast of the US], their mobile App is very reliable and comes with nice functions...what location is UPS delivering to you? Perhaps reliability/quality of service differs in the various countries they operate?

::popcorn::

watch3s, Kmart and blufinz52 like this.
  4. NT931 Jan 27, 2018

@sdre since we're countrymen...

When you say "delivery was slated", do you mean the initial projection UPS gave? Cos that is often incorrect, which also happens for Fedex and UPS. Eg. when package is shipped out say 1 Feb, it may initially be slated to arrive 3 Feb (and UPS will state that), but may be delayed to 4 Feb due to customs.

The only time I can be certain that the package will be delivered is when it says the package is actually out for delivery, then I know it'll arrive that day. Even then, the timing (as you've said) is variable. It may well arrive at 8pm though scheduled for 1100-1800.

5. ClarendonVintage Jan 27, 2018

What happened to the transaction in the end?

6. Cuttysark Jan 27, 2018

Ups in November lost a 145.022-69 that I shipped. The package is vanished.

7. alam Jan 27, 2018

curious again, can you elaborate as shipped from location? delivery to location? :coffee:

8. sdre Jan 27, 2018

I called them this morning and they said it was out for delivery. Also, the website stated it should arrive today.

I waited from 11am to 6.05pm ( Saturday mind you, I had to get my wife to do my errands) and it's 7.45pm and there isn't a call or anything from them. I left my number on a note at my gate and told them to call me when they reached. Nothing.

It's crazy. FedEx DHL usps even singpost doesn't do this.

I'm away tomorrow no one will be home.....

9. Cuttysark Jan 27, 2018

I have the letter of shipment. The tracking said “shipped” and nothing else. I called the office but nothing emerged. The departure office can’t find the box. I think someone inside stolen the watch.

10. NT931 Jan 27, 2018

Aw man, that sucks! I feel your pain. Hopefully it arrives tonight - it's happened to me before, fedex delivered it at 9pm.

77deluxe and sdre like this.
  11. Speedmasterfan88 Jan 27, 2018

I feel your pain... but DHL is not much better.
    At least not here in Germany. Packages get delivered to my neighbors all the time (even though if tracked and signed, they are legally not even allowed to deliver it to them, nor did I allow them to receive packages for me.) if the package is of a smaller "letter" size and if it's even remotely possible to stuff it inside the mailbox they will do it, even if the package hangs 2/3 out of the mailbox free for everyone to grab it. (Note this also happened with tracked and signed packages)

And last week I was awaiting a package on Monday, no notification no nothing, I was at home the whole day.
    I had no Tracking Info.

I got anxious around Thursday, contacted the sender again to give me the tracking Info, checked online and it was indeed delivered on Monday stating "recipient not reachable at delivery adress" and it was stored at a packing station in my area.

Seriously not even a note this time, nothing... and keep in mind you only have a period of 7 days to pick it up from the delivery station or it will be returned to sender.
    I'm pretty much fed up with all of it. If it's something of exceeding value I started to pick it up myself. Even if this means spending a day in the car.

The only solution for me is to use a specialized currier company, called Intex in Germany. They charge a hefty premium and insurance isn't cheap but you can be absolutely sure that your goods will be hand delivered to your door the exact Day and time you tell them to.

/rant off.

Hope your package arrives!

Cheers,

Max

sdre likes this.
  12. sdre Jan 27, 2018

Thanks buddy. Hopefully. I'm out now, I'll go back and check hopefully

13. alam Jan 27, 2018

remains an urban legend...

Nobel Prize and duc like this.
  14. blokk Jan 27, 2018

Do UPS compensate adequately when they somehow lose your packages?

15. alam Jan 27, 2018

I assume adequately as the insurance paid by shipper ?

16. Cuttysark Jan 27, 2018

You need the insurance. But not only. You need the initial invoice of the watch you ship. They refund the price you paid the watch, not the price you sold it.

blokk likes this.
  17. alam Jan 27, 2018

So the original owner who purchased his Speedmaster watch 40 years ago will have to show his original receipt and UPS insurance will only cover the amount he paid for and not the actual value of the watch-really??? this sounds like cold cuts used on sandwiches...

:cautious:

Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 2.23.16 PM.png
    kkt and Vercingetorix like this.
  18. 77deluxe Jan 27, 2018

I avoid UPS for this exact reason. FedEx parcelpro or USPS registered mail for me.

Looneytoons and gemini4 like this.
  19. Cuttysark Jan 27, 2018

Yes, if you read the terms and conditions of the insurance you can find this concept. In italy this is the situation. I don’t know in other countries

20. NT931 Jan 27, 2018

Parcelpro man, it helps, and I prefer to Fedex (even though Parcelpro is now owned UPS) if the price diff between UPS and fedex is small. Ppro has an office in our country.

gemini4 and 77deluxe like this.