Forums Latest Members
  1. gvids Jul 6, 2017

hey all,

I have a 39mm railmaster (same case as the older generation aqua Terras, caliber 2403) and although I truly love the watch, the bracelet is not great. In hopes of NOT trading up to a Rolex explorer, I was hoping I could try and upgrade the bracelet. I am eyeing the aqua terra bracelet from the 8500 caliber series. Any experience with this? Omega states that there is only one bracelet per watch, but I am hoping that this bracelet would line up with my railmaster.

Much appreciated!

GV

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 6, 2017

You might get a better response if you post this in the Modern Omega thread.

3. keepitsimple Jul 6, 2017

The latest (well, pre 2017 Bienne) Master coaxial AT, has a bracelet with polished centre links. Too blingy for me, but If you like that style, and are happy with the butterfly type clasp (which I find awkward) then you may like it.

Not sure about it fitting though - the Railmaster and the AT 2500 shared the same case at the time they were both made, but not sure if the 8500 case has exactly the same curvature.

I didn't like the AT bracelet, and it came off on day one, and was replaced with an alligator strap and Omega deployment clasp.

The Railmaster similarly looks great on a strap - mine is also on an Alligator/Omega deplyoment.

(Since you mention it, the Rolex Explorer I has a great bracelet and clasp - It's the only watch I now have where I haven't replaced it with a strap.)

Personal recommendation - either get the Explorer (you probably will one day anyway, so why wait ?) or fit the Railmaster (probably the best watch they have made in years) with a quality alligator strap and the superb Omega deployment clasp.
    Loads of pics on here showing how good they look.

highbob likes this.
  4. gvids Jul 9, 2017

Keep it simple,

Thanks for the response and great advice! I did check out the explorer a couple of days ago, and although a beauty, it is truly much more of a sports watch than the railmaster, certainly less of a dressy feel. Tough decisions... ;).

For me I always pictured the railmaster on the bracelet, and so it's hard to deviate from that. But point taken about the OEM alligator.

Cheers,

Gokul

5. keepitsimple Jul 9, 2017

It's interesting how we all view aesthetics differently. To my eyes, the Railmaster and Explorer I share a very similar design concept, and in my experience they're both versatile watches that dress up or down very well.
    (I'm talking about the 214270 Explorer I, of course, not the 216570 Explorer II, which isn't to my taste at all)

6. gvids Jul 9, 2017

Agreed! However haven't handled an explorer I in a while, and I forgot how sporty (and solid) the bracelet and clasp are.

Agreed on the explorer II, I was quite disappointed! Not worth the price at all in my opinion.

G