Forums Latest Members
  1. Fordex Apr 29, 2016

I recently sent my flightmaster out to Omega. I have read bad things about Omega NJ but like anything there is always going to be someone who is not happy right? So I sent it out through my local jeweler we specified I did not want refinishing but they did it anyways. Also It came back with a paint chip under the dial and the crystal gasket wasn't put on correctly so the crystal wasn't even in one small spot. There was also some lubricant left on the sub seconds dial. On top of all that the chrono pusher failed after a month and its already back for warranty service. They have not responded to emails from my jeweler or myself. I am very disappointed and really don't know how to proceed from here.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. Fordex Apr 29, 2016

what really bums me out the most is they didnt even do a good job on the refinish :'(

3. jimdgreat1 Apr 29, 2016

:eek:

Sorry I don't have anything to add except hopefully this will prevent someone else from suffering your fate.

Fordex likes this.
  4. pascs Apr 29, 2016

That case finish is horrible and the crystal / gasket is very poorly installed. The flightmaster crystals can be tough to install but I have done one myself and it looked better than that.

I think I would be contacting Omega head office directly and have it sent to them instead of Omega NJ - that really looks like the work of an amateur :(

Fordex likes this.
  5. Fordex Apr 30, 2016

Any Idea how to contact the Omega head office? Will anyone even really talk to me because it was done under my jewelers account? :-/

Its nice that someone else agrees with me! I wasnt sure I was just being picky. :(

6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 30, 2016

7. Fordex Apr 30, 2016

8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 30, 2016

9. Fordex Apr 30, 2016

10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 30, 2016

I'm trying to decide.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

11. Fordex Apr 30, 2016

I can only hope omega fixes the finish. :(

12. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 30, 2016

Hope they do but, based on my experience, I wouldn't count on it. It's beginning to appear as if they don't give a damn.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

13. glownyc Apr 30, 2016

Your not being picky that's terrible work.

Fordex likes this.
  14. Fordex May 11, 2016

So the watch already came back from Omega. Fixed the Chrono function that's it. Completely ignored everything else. They still haven't responded to any emails. Luckily my jeweler got permission to send it to Nesbits at their expense.

15. watchthirst May 11, 2016

I have OCD when it comes to my watches, and your story gave me anxiety. I would not let this one go and I would harass Omega until they made things right. You must call, you must write, and you must make sure your voice is heard.

May the watch gods be with you!

Baz9614 likes this.
  16. Vercingetorix Spam Risk May 11, 2016

Last I heard all Flightmasters go to Bienne, this is straight scoop from a boutique. Is the op sure the local jeweler sent it through Omega and not some local guy? Doubt Omega would allow a third party like Nesbitts to cover their warranty work.

17. nickw May 11, 2016

I was curious about this too- not the Bienne hasn't trashed things. Did you get omega paperwork and repair warranty information back?

18. Fordex May 11, 2016

I sent it out through a large chain jeweler. They are going to cover the cost of going to Nesbits not Omega. And it did go to Omega I have the receipt with omega letterhead.

nickw likes this.
  19. nickw May 11, 2016

I become more an more fearful of sending anything away to Omega. Thank you for sharing this even though it is painful.

20. pascs May 11, 2016

I have to think that the watch did not go to Omega Bienne but to a local Omega AD who passed the watch to a local watch maker - the time frame seems short for the watch to have gone to Bienne and back and surely Bienne would not have found the case work to be anywhere near acceptable. Some of the watches I have seen on Omega Forums which returned from Bienne are fantastic in their case refinishing.

I have a flightmaster which I'd like to get serviced and case refinished but if these are the results one can expect then I'll not be sending it to Omega for the work to be done :(