Update and new arrival: Black C-Shape Connie

Hi everyone. It is a cold day in Germany and I hope everyone is safe.

Wanted to share and write my impressions about the new watch that came yesterday some good months after the purchase, which is the C-Shape Connie ref. 168.017 with a black dial powered by cal 564.

Now I know how one feels after a so to speak "gamble". The fotos provided by the seller were really bad and even though it was clear that there were no red flags, I was extremely curious to see it in the flesh.

So the watch came and I could not be happier... It looks great and some of the pictures don't do justice.

IMG_20210120_131321.jpg IMG_20210120_131653.jpg

This is one of the watches, that around one year ago when I started getting into vintage I told myself I would never wear. 馃榿 How wrong I was. The design, specially with the bracelet, looks really cool and modern still. In regards to the dial, it kind of changes colour depending on the angle and sometimes these dots on it can be seen and sometimes don't. At a normal distance all one sees is black. It might look completely black, or gray, or even a little dark blue!

IMG_20210120_132413.jpg

There has been some polishing, I think, but the edges and the brushed finished can still be seen, also with the clear bezel. This contrast is just so cool.

IMG_20210120_131920.jpg IMG_20210120_132142.jpg IMG_20210120_132021.jpg

Very much like the Seamaster, this is covered in dings and dangs but it does not take the fun for me. Very happy and enjoying this thing. Wanted also to say thanks to @JwRosenthal, @onlyomega94, @Zdzislaw and @janice&fred, who helped with advice back then. 馃憤

IMG_20210120_141246.jpg

Best,

Rudi

Realy a great watch, enjoy it !

Manchmal lohnt sich ein Gl眉cksspiel dann doch 馃憤

A very nice find - sometimes you have to roll the dice and you definitely won. Wear it in good health @Rudi99.

I think C-cases look very smart with dauphine hands and the black dial looks great. I was also surprised at how modern in style these are to wear and you have done well with this catch. Wear in good health!

A rare bird!!

Gut gemacht!
Nice one!!
Congrats, @Rudi99. Enjoy!
Realy a great watch, enjoy it !

Manchmal lohnt sich ein Gl眉cksspiel dann doch 馃憤
A very nice find - sometimes you have to roll the dice and you definitely won. Wear it in good health @Rudi99.
I think C-cases look very smart with dauphine hands and the black dial looks great. I was also surprised at how modern in style these are to wear and you have done well with this catch. Wear in good health!

Thank you for the kindness, dear gentlemen.

Danke, liebe Herren!