Forums Latest Members

Unusual Vintage Nautilus Diver ref 6921

1. woodwkr2 Apr 7, 2014

What's the opinion on this onePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network.

Th fonts look correct through a very scratched crystal, but I've never seen one of these without lume and with a plain jane silver handset, though the silver sweep second looks like examples found on the typical lumed dials. The bezel is also different than what is typically seen; the seller claims it's original bakelite.

Were these early, single crown, Nautilus divers perhaps made in a non-lume version for which the hands and bezel are legit.?
    Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 10.34.06 AM.png

2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 7, 2014

Skeptical about the hands, very likely a repainted dial, and unquestionably a (poor) replacement crown.

$3k+? GTFO!

3. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Apr 8, 2014

The Nautilus was designed to be a dive watch. Will be unthinkable if the dial and hands do not have any lume. MattS has a very nice example.

4. woodwkr2 Apr 8, 2014

Full on redial, or left the central gilt Longines and Automatic and repainted the numerals?

And what of that bezel? Is that a home oven special?

5. woodwkr2 Apr 8, 2014

There's some pretty ones here:
    Screen Shot 2014-04-08 at 8.23.00 AM.png

And I must say, this is one of my favorite gawking sites. Not that I can ever afford anything, but the whole concept is quite lovely. Italian cars and vintage watches. Yes, please.

What are we doing wrong in America, that this would not be a reasonable way of making an honest living? ::confused2::

Lex4TDI4Life likes this.
  6. Lex4TDI4Life Apr 8, 2014

That site officially wrecked my afternoon and resulted in a drool-drenched keyboard....

7. ulackfocus Apr 8, 2014

There's the one:

Longines-Diver-Groot.jpg

Caliber 290, just like I want.

8. MattS Apr 12, 2014

Hi,

here is an original documentation that shows you the correct hands

[​IMG]

The plastic bezel is correct for a European version. You would need to check about the crown and mouvement that should be a 19AS. Case back should have the diver. The dial looks correct but would need further inspection to confirm. Here are a few pictures of mine (american version with metal bezel)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Matt

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 12, 2014

Awesome shots Matt