Forums Latest Members
  1. Toothsdoc Oct 21, 2017

I was wondering if the forum could provide some information on the watch and band that is shown in the attached photo. The watch and band are all original and had been sitting in a draw for about 50 years. Thank you!

watch.JPG
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 21, 2017

Please provide photos of the back of the bracelet, crown, movement and inside the caseback. It looks to have been relumed, at a minimum, and the crown doesn't look right to me.

3. cristos71 Oct 21, 2017

Those are very big words around here and shouldn't be spoken without certainty. Your watch ( could be a 2577) looks to have had a re-dial and the bracelet does not look to my eyes like an original Omega example.

4. ConElPueblo Oct 21, 2017

Have a look at the pictures in the original size.

Terrible, terrible redial :(

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 21, 2017

My guess is bracelet is about 10 years younger than watch, but both could easily have been together for 50 years.

Bracelet was not made by Omega (should be signed), but might be solid gold. We would need to see hallmarks on both bracelet and watch.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

6. Toothsdoc Oct 21, 2017

Apolologies to the forum if I did not frame my question with the correct language. The watch was my Dad's and he had not worn it since the early '60's. I will post the requested photos later today. Than you!

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 21, 2017

Gold brick with bark finishing on the bracelet. Interesting combo.

8. Toothsdoc Oct 21, 2017

The back of the case has an L&K stamp, and the inside of the clasp seems to say L/E. Two photos are attached. I apologize that they are not sharper but I do not have a macro lens. I also attached a photo of the crown and a slightly better one of the front of the watch. I am not skilled enough to open the case. Thanks!

DSC_8794.JPG DSC_8796.JPG DSC_8802.JPG DSC_8803.JPG
  9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 21, 2017

The watch case is solid 14K gold. The band? I don't know. You can have it tested at a jewelers for gold content.

Dial is a inaccurate redial. This is a US market model. The movement was made in Switzerland (we assume), shipped here and cased in a US made case by Norman Morris Co., the US importer for Omega.

Value of the watch is based on the gold content, plus a $150 or so for the movement (if running well).

Not sure what else I can tell you.
    gatorcpa

10. Toothsdoc Oct 21, 2017

Much appreciated. I have been tossing around whether to let Omega send the watch for restoration, which would be at least $1,500.00, mainly because of the brick bracelet, but as it has a bumper mechanism and won't wind on my winder, I am really thinking against doing that. Again, thanks for your help!

11. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 22, 2017

Don't send to Omega and don't put it on a winder. If it's your father's watch and has any sentimental value, have it serviced by a reputable watchmaker, with an Omega parts account, and wear it proudly. I will likely cost you far less than sending it to Omega.

12. Toothsdoc Oct 22, 2017

I definitely appreciate that thought. How would I go about finding an appropriate watch maker? Thanks!

13. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 22, 2017

Start by telling us where you’re located.

14. Toothsdoc Oct 22, 2017

I am located in lower Bucks County, PA, but I also spend a lot of time in the Central and Northern areas of New Jersey.

15. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 22, 2017