Forums Latest Members

Unusual items/collectibles - watch related

1. Mr Bing Apr 24, 2016

I saw this item online whilst browsing the catalogue of an upcoming auction and I've since seen a couple knocking around the bay....

image.jpeg image.jpeg

WWII German Junghans Airforce cockpit clock from a Messerschmitt Bf 109 fighter plane.

The clock is a Chronograph stopwatch as well, and is officially termed J30BZ by Junghans. It has a black face, with arabic numerals on every quarter hour. As well as the hour and minutes hands it also has a seconds hand linked to a stopwatch button.

There is a smaller dial which counts the minutes elapsed when using the chronograph. The numbers, minutes, hands and rotating outer bezel are painted in luminous white, which glows green.

I think this is a real cool piece of horology, militaria and history all in one and, at the right price I'm tempted.

With a diameter of 60mm it's unlikely to adorn the wrist but there's something quirky about this that I love.

Any other members out there that have or collect atypical items connected with our hobby?

Hans the Wolf, noelekal and wsfarrell like this.
  2. rbob99 Apr 24, 2016

I have a budding stopwatch collection. Relatively inexpensive and kinda cool. Clockwise from left - Hanhart, Elgin (I think) bomb timer, Heuer and Junghans. They speak to my inner 10 year old.

P4240001 (1).JPG P4240003.JPG P4240004.JPG P4240007.JPG P4240009.JPG
    Mr Bing and GregH like this.
  3. GregH May 3, 2016

Speedy Tuesday

image.jpeg

flw, GuiltyBoomerang, Mr Bing and 2 others like this.
  4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member May 3, 2016

You don't see these everyday...

[​IMG]

5. agee May 6, 2016

IMG_6614 (1).JPG IMG_6615.JPG
    1. WWII Aircraft Clock-
    Waltham A 11
    US Army Air Force 8 Day Clock
    2. WWII US Navy Ship's Clock
    Chelsea Clock Company
    Bakelite Case, Key Wind

Giff2577, wsfarrell and RawArcher like this.
  6. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! May 6, 2016

image.jpeg
    Wakmann 8 Day Airplane clock.

image.jpeg
    Clock Chronograph I purchased from a nice Russian gentleman who told me "I took this watch out of the tank I worked in." This one has me worried as it makes my Geiger counter crackle like mad.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Celluloid watch display.
    I also have more than a few vintage watchmaking tools laying around the bench.

ahartfie likes this.