Forums Latest Members
  1. usdiner Oct 14, 2014

this is a another new purchase and i am quite new to omegas i cannot seem to find anything on this omega i was told it was a 1961 any informaton would be great thanks in advance
    omegas.JPG $_12.JPG

2. Wongo Oct 14, 2014

The dial looks like crap to me

3. usdiner Oct 14, 2014

sorry what does that mean?

4. Wongo Oct 14, 2014

This is a repainted dial

5. usdiner Oct 14, 2014

i had a feeling it had been repainted but that isnt a problem as i bought it for my granson as an 18th birthday present and he had a certain look that he wanted i could not find an omega he liked (he likes a simple look)
    $_12 (1)1.JPG $_12 (1)2.JPG

6. usdiner Oct 14, 2014

wongo just saying crap is not very helpful is it? but thanks for your constructive comment

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 14, 2014

Here's the thing, most of the value is in having an original dial, when someone scrapes the original paint off and repaints it themselves its not really considered desirable any more.

8. usdiner Oct 14, 2014

dsio
    i understand exactly what you are saying i didnt pay very much for this atall £200 gbp so it really not even worth worrying about the face as its for my grandson it was an acheivement finding something he actually liked

Event horizon likes this.
  9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 14, 2014

As long as he's happy with it, the movements are very strong and it won't let him down, most people don't stop at one anyway and they become stepping stones to more expensive and exotic pieces as time goes by.

usdiner likes this.
  10. usdiner Oct 14, 2014

thanks dsio it looks lovely and he is really happy ith it so thats a result

Darlinboy likes this.
  11. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 14, 2014

It is an authentic Omega, with a customized/refinished dial, however originality is not a concern. For an 18 year old who will enjoy it as is. You're happy with the price. I'll just say well done then.

A word of caution... please be mindful that the watch should NOT be considered waterproof. :)

12. usdiner Oct 14, 2014

thanks
    i will tell him not go scuba diving i promise ;)
    and thankyou

13. Mothra Oct 14, 2014

;) usdiner, just to be sure you've got darlinboy's point - a watch this age, he shouldn't wear it in the shower and probably need to be careful doing the dishes.

Darlinboy likes this.
  14. usdiner Oct 14, 2014

he doesnt do dishes

15. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Oct 14, 2014

That's a nice watch for an eighteen year old and much better than say a g-shock to get him interested. I can see it appealing to an eighteen year old but to the rest of the Middle aged analy retented farts on here (me included) they might not like it. I don't mind refinished dials when the original is shot but that's just me. At least it will still be chugging along after the new £200 retail watches have quietly fell by the wayside.