Forums Latest Members
  1. kelsey Jun 18, 2019

Am waiting on the Gold 50th Speedy so I assumed that would be my first :)

However celebrating our 7th anniversary, my wife and I had a holiday, she had the idea of getting a couples watch (no complaints here).
    We decided to make it a divers pairing (we mostly holiday at the beach and our early dates where me teaching her surfing).
    So we set out to look through a multitude of brand, looking around various ADs and watch shops etc nothing seem to work for us or like the patek aquanaut where unobtainable.
    Tired we decided to visit the OB to see any idea of an ETA on the gold speedy (she'd have looked at the diver 300m if they'd still made a mid size).
    Talking I was offered to try another Gold Speedmaster to get an idea of the weight etc, then a FOIS speedy to compare.
    Damn the FOIS fit me like a perfect glove, my wife came over to see, she liked. Then two Speedmaster 38s caught her eye. She tried them on and liked. I liked the two tone 324.23.38.50.02.001 on her best.

Weighed it up, I'm getting a gold speedy already and she has a daily and a diamond constellation (for going out) already, we really should get a divers pairing.

At dinner back at the hotel, she suddenly goes "you know I could just get a G Shock for swimming and we should go those speedy pair". So we decided to give them a second look in the morning.

Trying them on again, we where both sold...........
    Few days ago now and we are both very happy with our choices, pretty good choices as we can even swap and get away with wearing each others speedy.
    IMG_E8409.JPG

2. 83n Jun 18, 2019

Damn that two tone with the white dial is nice!

3. dabbispade Jun 18, 2019

Damn I wish I could convince my wife to buy a Speedy for the both of us :D

4. boraxman Jun 18, 2019

Nice!

5. SpeedyD Jun 18, 2019

Congrats! Great story. Even better watches.

6. mjb Jun 18, 2019

I was just on the Omega web site and I really like a lot of those 38mm alternatives. I've got a small wrist, so I can rock a smaller watch.

Anyway, congrats on your excellent double purchase!

7. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jun 18, 2019

The best gifts... are bought by yourselves :thumbsup:

Seaborg likes this.
  8. WatchShopping Jun 18, 2019

Congrats on the new watches! The best thing about this is that you guys are able to swap and wear each other's watches. :)