Forums Latest Members
  1. gornack Apr 24, 2014

Hello everyone,

I've been wearing a watch for more than a decade now that I received as a legacy from my grand-grand-uncle who died in the early 90's.
    I really love this watch and really don't want to sell it but I have no idea what model it is.

I've been looking into the official Omega vintage watches database (specifically, I've been through all the 131 Seamaster watches, as it kind of looks like some of those models), but I could not find it so far.

I'm now wondering if you guys would help me satisfy my curiosity.

Here is a photo of it. The button is obvisouly broken, the strap is not the original one and the only visible text is the "Omega" title and the "Automatic" sub-title in the top center of the front-side.

IMG_20140424_154532.jpg

I would love your expertise on this
    Thanks in advance to you all.

2. gornack Apr 24, 2014

And it's made of (maybe stainless ?) steel, if it helps.

3. gornack Apr 24, 2014

Another clue: I got it repaired few years ago by an official Omega retailer in Paris (Parrault), and the invoice contains a reference number which is 18652.
    Not sure if it's an internal Parrault reference number or a Omega reference number, but maybe it can help.

4. gornack Apr 30, 2014

I'm shamefully bumping this thread, any idea anyone ?

5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Apr 30, 2014

I'm not familiar with this one. The best thing I could suggest is to open (or have someone else open) the caseback. The inside of the caseback may have the reference number, and the movement will have a serial number. With that info, you can send off to Omega for an archive extract that will give you the production date and original "shipped to" region for the watch. Good luck with your search.

6. gornack Apr 30, 2014

Ho, thanks a lot for the tip, I did not know that at all.
    I will try as you advise.

Have an excellent day.

7. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 30, 2014

The "stickies" that precede the threads are meant to be a guide for inquiries, but the "Vintage Omega Posting Guide" gets ignored just like the other stickies!