Unknown Omega gift

Hello all,

To start off I have a couple of Omega's already, 04 50th GMT seamaster & a modern Deville.

I was at the local jewelry store today and the owner noticed my GMT and asked if I liked vintage Omega's, of course I said yes. She pulled out the watch pictured here and told me the story, then literally gave me the watch. It's a waffle dail, looks to be maybe a bumper movement but I can find no information online. I would like some help identifying this watch. The watch is running.

Many thanks

Like 3
What's the story? :)

It's likely a late 40s/early 50s 14k gold filled bumper with a Caliber 342. Case is probably Wadsworth or similar which was a USA casemaker.

Like 1
I got a feeling that gift is a White Elephant :)

I don't have details on it, but with a new crystal (or, sufficient poly-watching of that one) and a nice brown leather strap, I'd wear the crap out of that. I'm guessing it was given to you because it is worth less than a service and perhaps needs one. Even so, if it were me, I'd probably see if there was a local watch maker that could do a less-than-omega service on it, and proudly add it to my collection.

Cool gift, but weird case back (weird to me, at least). It seems like someone may have modified the case/caseback at some point, or is this a design I'm just unfamiliar with?

Cool gift, but weird case back (weird to me, at least). It seems like someone may have modified the case/caseback at some point, or is this a design I'm just unfamiliar with?

Totally legit, US market case Wadsworth or L&K probably. Case back presses into case body which has an internal thread and is retained by the stainless steel ring which is also threaded.

Like 2