Forums Latest Members

Unknown Model - Any help appreicated

1. TSR Aug 3, 2018

My dad gave me this watch at 18, and I am about to pass it down to my son when he turns 18. I went online and researched but their appears to be many versions of this watch. Can anyone direct me to a page that has info on this model, or advise a model number. Thanks. Fun thing is I have two sons so need to find another....

IMG_2370.jpg IMG_2371.jpg
  2. tyrantlizardrex Aug 3, 2018

Hey there @TSR

If you can get a watchmaker to open the back, you'll find the exact model number inside the case back.

3. sevykor Aug 4, 2018

That case back is easy to open by most watchmakers, but don't take it to the mall or quick battery places. Best is to have a clean environment and someone with a steady hand to prevent slipping tool over the case back.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  4. GuiltyBoomerang Aug 4, 2018

Ditto to above comments, find a proper and honest vintage watchmaker to open it for you. Considering the gold, it would not be worthwhile having someone inexperienced gouge it or mess up the caseback while opening. Since it hasn't be opened up for a long period, there is a high chance it will be tight due to the gasket inside being old/liquified, so a proper case wrench/case vice would be needed. Failing that, there are some homebrew options, which @ConElPueblo would be happy to explain to you...