Forums Latest Members

SOLD Universal Watch "Pre Compur" Monopusher - Staybrite Steel - Black Dial - 38mm

1. Florent Jun 18, 2024

Hello Folks,

I decided to let go one of my rarest watch from my UG collection, to finance a non-watch related project. (Not humanitarian this time, even if I still finance health development in Africa)

This exceptional "Pre-Compur" dated to approx 1931 is in absolutely lovely condition, the dial is mint, all parts are original. Chrono works and reset to zero. Keep great time. No scratch or dents. The watch was barely used for 90 years.

Only a fews models of Steel "Pre-Compur" surfaced in the market, especially with black dial, steel case and mint dial.

This model just preceded the creation of the double buttons chronographs and patent deposal for "Compur", contemporary to the "Universal Geneve" trademark creation, approximately 90 years before the manufacture was bought by breitling for a new start...

A slightly later model with two buttons, black dial and steel case was sold for more than 50.000$ by christie's.

The price asked reflect the current proposals I recently received for this watch. As usual, I prefer to sell my watches here to the OF community for a reasonable "investing" price, having no doubts that this piece will find a new owner within the next few days, on purpose, like all my private sales ;)

Located in France, in my bank safe.
    Shipping, customs and insurance to be discussed.
    Payment by bank wire or eventually Bitcoins.
    Price = 23.000€ (fixed)

I added pictures without the plexi, and with different light exposure.

I'm available for any questions.

Friendly,
    Florent
    :thumbsup:

IMG_8240.jpeg IMG_8242.jpeg IMG_8244.jpeg IMG_8245.jpeg IMG_8246.jpeg IMG_8247.jpeg IMG_8232.jpeg IMG_8230.jpeg IMG_8229.jpeg IMG_8228.jpeg

Edited Jun 18, 2024
    Syrte, fizz, slique12 and 25 others like this.
  2. Florent Jun 19, 2024

OHPF :thumbsup:

Faz, YYTIN, Braindrain and 4 others like this.
  3. Redwes25 Jun 20, 2024

Amazing watch! Congrats to buyer and seller.

4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jun 20, 2024

That was fast. I think I remember when you purchased this beauty! Congrats to buyer and seller.

5. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jun 24, 2024

Magnifique, felicitations :thumbsup: