Forums Latest Members
  1. WYO_Watch Sep 27, 2017

Hi all,

I recently picked up a vintage polerouter as an additional vintage piece I was hoping to add to my work collection. Upon arrival I noticed that the watch made a loud and vibrating "ting" sound when it was worn.

As I did a bit more research into the issue, I noticed that the watch is missing the bridge with the two springs for the router. This of course jars the movement every time it swings and crashes.

I have done some work into locating a replacement bar and springs. To date I have only locate a singular spring or an entire movement. Is this a part I can still get? I hate feeling that I was jipped - the seller doesn't seem to recall such a horrible sound.

This is the movement shot of the watch I bought - notice the lack of the springs.
    IMG_7784.PNG This is a spare movement on eBay with proper springs in place. IMG_7783.PNG
    Sorry for the screenshots - every time I attempt to edit them prior to uploading I get an error message.

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 27, 2017

I also notice the lack of Omega. You may want to post this in the proper forum.

3. WYO_Watch Sep 27, 2017

Solid point... I shouldn't be posting in the wee hours of the morning. Am I correct that a mod may be able to relocate this post there?

ConElPueblo and efauser like this.
  4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 27, 2017

Only if you ask nicely.

5. WYO_Watch Sep 29, 2017

Can some very generous admin move this to the proper section, please?

I am certain someone has the answer for me

6. Jonatan Sep 29, 2017

I don't know much about the springs for bumper movements but I highly doubt that they would be specific to one maker. You could perhaps try to look st other bumper movements on eBay and find easier and cheaper replacements. UGs are on fire right now so prices are high but several other companies mage bumper movements.

Maybe @Archer could help?

WYO_Watch likes this.
  7. WYO_Watch Sep 30, 2017

I can check some out - I am assuming that I will only cause damage to the movement wearing it without them.

If what you're saying works it may be a cheap fix, but part of me thinks it would be easier to return it than messing with it. I was excited to get what I assumed was a pretty decent deal, but with hunting down springs it is turning into a bit more of a project than I anticipated.

8. Jonatan Sep 30, 2017

If it wasn't disclosed that the springs were missing I would return it for sure. You can't wear it like that.

WhatYourWatchSay and WYO_Watch like this.
  9. WYO_Watch Sep 30, 2017

I will be sending the seller a message. Thanks