Forums Latest Members

Universal Geneve Space Compax ref: 885104/02

1. PaulG Vintage Heuer Connoisseur Feb 18, 2014

Its always a very satisfying feeling when a project comes together especially when there always seems to be “in progress” projects all over the place. This one was no exception and I must thank George for helping me secure the watch, Lou for all his ongoing support and Dean for making two tiny components (pusher washers) that render the watch functional once and for all. In fact Dean's washers are far better than the original pair that came with a second Space Compax I have. I replaced the rubber pusher on both my examples with the ebay offering and as Lou warned, they are quite soft. However, with Dean’s washers the increased overall diameter and solid construction work perfectly turning this quirky design into something that works without the fear of damaging the rubber caps.

This is an amazing watch and I tried to make the most of it when taking the pictures which I am happy to share with the community.

Best regards
    Paul
    www.heuerworld.com
    166 UG Space Compax no9.jpg 166 UG Space Compax no1rev1.jpg 166 UG Space Compax no2.jpg 166 UG Space Compax no3.jpg 166 UG Space Compax no4.jpg 166 UG Space Compax no5.jpg 166 UG Space Compax no6.jpg 166 UG Space Compax no7.jpg 166 UG Space Compax no8.jpg

Steve 278, HeuerLoon, ICONO and 8 others like this.
  2. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Feb 18, 2014

Congrats. It even has the sticker on the caseback. :thumbsup:

3. ulackfocus Feb 18, 2014

That's, like, totally spaced out, man!

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 18, 2014

Dead sexy! And that bracelet is toit!

And my appreciation is not impaired by your photography.

Can't help noticing the original price tag in Lira - it figures this NOS beast would be out of Italia. To judge from the vintage watch market, Italy absorbed more watches from 1950 to 1970 than the rest of the world combined.

I agree that Diabolik's spacers are better than the original parts. Which, combined with his setting up his watch buddies with a pair, increases his watch karma massively. And which makes me want to find the guy at UG who cooked up the original setup and bitch slap him for coming up with such a gimcrack solution.

5. Diabolik Feb 19, 2014

Well ! Lots of input came from Lous, so he should be credited with the improved design.

When finishing a project is down to an elusive part that was probably designed while high on a cocktail of drugs and alcohol, listening to Bob Dylan, and visions of nuclear holocausts, the only way forward is making and improving it.

I did not expect so much praise, thank-you.

HeuerLoon and SpikiSpikester like this.
  6. Diabolik Feb 19, 2014

Lovely Space Paul, bloody marvelous!

7. PaulG Vintage Heuer Connoisseur Feb 19, 2014

8. woodwkr2 Feb 19, 2014

Haha! Praise well deserved, Dean. Looking forward to receiving my set.

9. Noodia Feb 20, 2014

Wonderful Space Compax Paul,
    unsurprisingly, your photos do justice to this outstanding chronograph, as always
    congratulations for this one !