Forums Latest Members

Universal Geneve Polerouter Broad Arrow

1. OpenWest May 4, 2019

I am looking to sell my watch, but I don't know what is the market value. Please advice. This is a UG Gold Cap Polerouter with a rare broad arrow hand.

UG Broad Arrow 1.jpg
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member May 4, 2019

A very difficult watch to price with any precision. While Broad Arrow Polerouters are, broadly speaking, very desirable, yours has at least two big issues, one being the lack of lume, and the other being that the case has been polished fairly heavily.

In addition, Gold Cap is not a very desirable case variety. So even in the unlikely event that the case back and movement are in much better condition, the value is going to be limited.

Sorry, but that's how I see it.

aap likes this.
  3. Mazoue May 5, 2019

I have to agree with @Tony C.

I don't think the lack of lume is something that could be easily addressed either as I believe the ring would have been lumed in addition to the hands. The crown also looks to be a replacement.

If the case reference number is clear on the case back, then it might be worth something to a collector looking for a fairly unusual reference.

Without the case reference number then it is just a relatively undesirable Polerouter that happens to have Broad Arrow Hands.

Out of interest, what is the case reference number? I would hazard a guess at something like 20363/4?

4. CafeRacer May 6, 2019

As was said already, gold caps don't seem to be so sought after as the steel and 18k variants.
    Even the unusual references (like broad arrow hands) are going for (relative) peanuts lately.

The collectibility in this piece would be if it were all correct parts, including the lumed bezel, and lumed hands, and i should say most importantly, a readable serial and reference nr that identifies it as the correct broad arrow reference.
    Are there any numbers between the lugs?