Forums Latest Members

FS Universal Geneve Jumbo Compax "Albino" 40.5mm 22703-1

1. bimbim1207 Jun 6, 2019

Hi OF members

With a heavy heart, I'm selling one of the most treasured UGs in my collection. I believe it has been a while since I saw someone selling a similar piece, this ref. is not regularly put on sale. Here's the details:

- Universal Geneve Compax "Albino" ref. 227030-1 in Jumbo 40.5mm stainless steel case with original Gay Freres bracelet and 22mm UB end links.
    - Originality: all original, nothing has been replaced, redone in this piece (possibly the exception of crystal).
    - Condition: watch is in good working condition, movement has been serviced in 2018, accuracy is not tested, chronograph functions perfectly. S/N is 22699XX.
    - Case is very sharp, unpolished. Case back is in very condition. The ref. and serial numbers on the case back is still visible (readable but not in deeply engraved condition)
    - Sunburst dial is 100% original. There are dust speckles on the dial, can be seen from the photos, but the watch still looks gorgeous in person. Sunburst finishing is made very lightly on this piece, the finishing can be seen easily in person, but I found it quite hard to capture on photos.
    - Original bezel, original steel blued hands, original U crown & pushers.
    - Watch comes with the original UG bracelet (made by Gay Freres) and original "UB"endlinks. This bracelet comes with the watch as I bought it, not later add-in to match. Bracelet comes with a total of 17 links, fit up to 21cm wrist size.
    - Suede racing leather strap in the first few pictures is not included, but happy to throw it in if buyer wants it. The leather strap is custom-made, hand-stitched on high quality Italian suede leather.
    - Price: USD 17,000 shipped worldwide via DHL Express. Paypal Fees not included. I actually prefer bank wire for this to avoid PP fees. Meet up purchase can be made within Singapore/Asean countries.
    - For your reference, a similar piece in panda dial variation was bid to USD 14k on Yahoo Auction Japan earlier this year, and it was in unknown condition and with aftermarket bracelet. There was another one for auction on eBay 2016 and ended at USD 16k+. So I strongly believe my price is fair on this one.
    - Reference can be provided upon request.
    - Movement photos will be updated as I can't open the case back myself.

Here are the photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bgrisso Jun 9, 2019

I've never even worn a 40mm UG before, that's look amazing, wish I had the funds. GLWS !

Enzo, sdre and filmir like this.
  3. bimbim1207 Nov 13, 2019

BUMP this up!

jerryct and sdre like this.
  4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 13, 2019

Amazing...

bimbim1207 likes this.
  5. bimbim1207 Dec 16, 2019

Thanks @Larry S. Bump this one! Price is negotiable before Christmas!