Forums Latest Members

Universal Geneve help needed-new member

1. Rogi Sep 6, 2015

Hello everyone at the Universal Geneve watches sub forum,

I've been a long time lurker and recently couldn't resist adding this beautiful UG to the collection (from another forum), although I have a couple questions for more information on this model specifically.
    Before posting on the forum I've gone and done a little research to narrow down some options, I believe it was made/sold somewhere in the 1960s to 1970s , looking at a couple watch ads for UG of this time period gave me a similar match to the logo on the dial of my piece.

I think it is a UG 42, as the watch is manual wind and was told 17 jewels by the seller. It sounds very similar to my VC K1014 and I am hoping to open the caseback soon, it appears (and I was told) that it is a 1 piece (open only through the crystal side) although on further research and browsing, there are some similar pieces that were for sale online that show the caseback open and a UG 42 inside.

If anyone could let me know how to open the caseback (I can open screwbacks etc but am apprehensive in opening this one, as it appears it could be a snap back) it would be greatly appreciated.

I hope you're all still with me as this is finally the time I be silent and post some photos! :D Thank you all for any comments or help.

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

I forgot to mention it is hallmarked 18 Karat Gold and has a nice Tiffany & Co addition to the dial :) (retailed by Tiffany)

2. Rogi Sep 10, 2015

Its been a week since this piece came in and the accuracy is great, hasnt deviated and im enjoying it immensly.

Would there be anyone with any comments on this model or answer to any of my questions?

It was suggested that i post on the forum for assistance, I hope someone can help :)